Posting Photo's using Photobucket

Oneputt replied on 26/03/2016 15:11

Posted on 26/03/2016 15:11

Photobucket – How to post photos on CT using a Desk Top Computer

Note –Never got these instructions to work if trying to post from an I-Pad/Tablet

1.       Load Photobucket on to your computer, you will need to provide an e-mail address and a password for log on purposes.

2.       As soon as completed and logged on go to settings and sort out privacy settings

3.       Download the photo you want to post onto your computer

4.       Open Photobucket and press upload

5.       New screen will appear and press Choose Photo

6.       Your file directory will appear, find photo you want to upload and click on it

7.       After advertisement has finished your photo will appear on Photobucket below the main dialogue box so click on it and it will move to main box

8.       At the top right of the main box you will find 5 small boxes containing various symbols, select the edit box (square with a pen on it)

9.       You will now be able to crop, resize, enter text etc.

10.   For resize enter 430 in the width box the height box will automatically resize, press apply and then save.

11.   This is where you may have to experiment to copy and post.  For me I used the following method:

a.        Go back to the top right of the main box and press Slideshow

b.      When your resized photo appears right click you mouse and select copy

c.       You are now ready to paste on CT

Note – if you subsequently delete a file from your photobucket library it will disappear from the CT thread

Good luck

replied on 26/03/2016 15:18

Posted on 26/03/2016 15:18

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 26/03/2016 15:24

Posted on 26/03/2016 15:24

replied on 26/03/2016 16:38

Posted on 26/03/2016 16:38

replied on 26/03/2016 16:44

Posted on 26/03/2016 16:44

TheAdmiral replied on 27/03/2016 10:58

Posted on 27/03/2016 10:58

Why has this Forum so bleeding complicated, other Forums you just upload by pressin a button, they also have personal message and believe it or not a Smellcheker. To be honest I am not faffing around wth photos on this forum, never, Photos I have posted elsewhere have been greatly appreciated

Admiral

Oneputt replied on 27/03/2016 11:03

Posted on 27/03/2016 11:03

the instructions do look convaluted and complicated but having done it a couple of time it does become second nature

DavidKlyne replied on 27/03/2016 13:44

Posted on 27/03/2016 13:44

Just testing Oneputt's instructions.

David

Obviously its viewing in the slide show that allows you to copy and paste. I now tend to load photos to my website and copy and paste into Windows Live Mail to resize and then copy and paste. Lets just hope that if there is just one improvement to the new forum it is to make posting photos easier. 

chasncath replied on 27/03/2016 16:46

Posted on 27/03/2016 16:46

May we add another 'tip'? Before uploading your photo to your 'host' site, Picasa in our case, windows users can resize the photo in 'Paint'. Ensure that you select 'pixels' and 'maintain aspect ratio', resize to 430 horizontal. The added bonus is that you can add text to deter copyright theft. Here's an example we made earlier...

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook