Page not found

Metheven replied on 23/12/2016 12:11

Posted on 23/12/2016 12:11

For the attention of the CM

Bear with me it ain't easy smile

• Two threads were posted by someone with same content but in different sections.
  • Assume Mods removed one of the threads.
  • Both threads still existed on Index page although Deleted User thread did not exist in sub section
  • Attempted to navigate to either thread from Index page while top of the list but 'Page not found'
  • Can only access by clicking on sub section and accessing thread from there
  • When I posted to end of 'good' thread it came up 'Page not found' but navigating back, found it did post.
  • Both Deleted User/removed/non existant/ghost thread and existing thread is still updated by any postings on the index page

Does this make sense kiss

SteveL replied on 23/12/2016 12:15

Posted on 23/12/2016 12:15

Yes found the same thing. I would have hoped mods could just move a thread from incorrect to correct sections, without leaving a load of residual dross, but clearly the new site does not permit this.

DavidKlyne replied on 23/12/2016 12:30

Posted on 23/12/2016 12:30

What I have found is that if you just move a thread from one section to another it works fine. The problem occurs when you  try to take other moderator actions. If you just close (locked in new forum speak) the thread stays visible. If you delete a thread or a post it still remains visible but when you click on the thread/post the contents are no longer there. It seems impossible to delete a thread/post and for it to completely disappear. This is an element of the forum that does need attention. Most of the moderating action recently has been either moving  threads to the correct place or trying to remove the many duplicate posts which seem to be occurring. 

David

brue replied on 23/12/2016 12:36

Posted on 23/12/2016 12:36

Is it the bird thread ? Have put a link in case anyone looks in from IT when they've had time to eat their turkey and mince pies. wink

Oh dear even the link is wonky.

Metheven replied on 23/12/2016 13:29

Posted on 23/12/2016 12:36 by brue

Is it the bird thread ? Have put a link in case anyone looks in from IT when they've had time to eat their turkey and mince pies. wink

Oh dear even the link is wonky.

Posted on 23/12/2016 13:29

No it is the 'BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP' thread under 'Towcars and Towing.

If you click (at the current time) on my last post it can be read, but if you click on the 'BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP' it comes up 'Page not found' and probably due to the other copy thread being Deleted User.

DavidKlyne replied on 23/12/2016 15:02

Posted on 23/12/2016 15:02

Dave

That is interesting. Signed in as a moderator I can see it in both places and all the posts. However if I just look at the forum but not signed in, I can't see either. I don't know who moved it but in doing so it should have disappeared from Caravan and Motorhome Chat. Its all a bit odd. One for the techies I think. I should add that whilst we had a play with the forum before it went live it would have been impossible to come across every possibility.

David

brue replied on 23/12/2016 15:14

Posted on 23/12/2016 15:14

Apologies, I thought it was the bird "light pollution" thread...so it's beep, beep and tweet tweet both not working...wink

Metheven replied on 23/12/2016 15:50

Posted on 23/12/2016 15:02 by DavidKlyne

Dave

That is interesting. Signed in as a moderator I can see it in both places and all the posts. However if I just look at the forum but not signed in, I can't see either. I don't know who moved it but in doing so it should have disappeared from Caravan and Motorhome Chat. Its all a bit odd. One for the techies I think. I should add that whilst we had a play with the forum before it went live it would have been impossible to come across every possibility.

David

Posted on 23/12/2016 15:50

Haha, you are lucky David.

Not signed in I can't see either thread and signed in it's disappeared from 'Towcar and Towing' section and the supposedly Deleted User one is now visible in 'Caravan and Motorhome' minus some of my posts but additionally a new one frown

Hopefully this thread will be picked up on and the techies will arrange for obliteration of  Deleted User threads properly, with a severed connection to the 'good' thread. smile

EJB986 replied on 23/12/2016 16:58

Posted on 23/12/2016 16:58

Aren't the IT people on their two weeks holiday now?????surprisedsealed

Metheven replied on 23/12/2016 22:23

Posted on 23/12/2016 20:58 by brue

I see Golly's Hello All post is now on General Chat and this section too. 

Posted on 23/12/2016 22:23

I think we are on meltdown brue, it's Gollys thread here but he isn't in it  laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook