Opt out of marketing

Surfer replied on 27/12/2016 10:38

Posted on 27/12/2016 10:38

Surely if you opted out of receiving marketing information etc it means that the organisation should not be sending you marketing information in any format and if the organisation does send you marketing information by law they can be fined?

I am wondering why I am receiving an email notifiying me of updates to threads I am following that contains marketing information for a Lexus motor car?  Surely that cannot be right if you have opted out from receiving marketing information from CC and third parties by ticking a box as Lexus would be the third party?

MikeinaVan replied on 28/01/2017 06:59

Posted on 28/01/2017 06:59

That is indeed correct. The alert emails can be sent because you have requested them. I believe it's legitimate to include other "relevant offers" but certainly not a huge car advert that takes more space and data volume than the real message. 

Now if I was booking a site for a few days, and an email confirming the booking contained a paragraph of text with links to places to visit nearby then I believe that would be fine as they are offers associated with, and relevant to the booking.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook