cyberyacht replied on 14/12/2016 08:46

Posted on 14/12/2016 08:46

This function is not operating correctly. I logged on and read all new posts and logged out. I subsequently logged in again and 'new posts' made since reading the threads earlier were not flagged up as having new activity.

cyberyacht replied on 14/12/2016 08:51

Posted on 14/12/2016 08:51

After creating this new topic and clicking 'create' I got the following message:-

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

I refreshed the section and it appeared correctly.

peedee replied on 14/12/2016 11:29

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:29

What we really should have had is something like this screen shot from another much more user freindly forum.

peedee

Kennine replied on 14/12/2016 12:51

Posted on 14/12/2016 12:51

In my opinion, the CC would have done better to have bought a commercially produced Forum package with all the usual bells and whistles we have come to expect.---  A bit like the forum software package  used on  Bugs's  "Caravan Chat" forum. That software is good !!

Cheers..............................................K

peedee replied on 14/12/2016 13:37

Posted on 14/12/2016 13:37

I don't disagree K, all this clicking to get to new posts must be putting an extra load on the server that perhaps with a half decent system might not be the case? I would have sooner they produced a better system for users to manage posts than the function to add photos and videos.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook