New forum

EmilysDad replied on 22/12/2016 18:09

Posted on 22/12/2016 18:09

Hi everyone,

Firstly a BIG thank you to all our members for all your valuable feedback.

As you can imagine, launching a website of this scale is no easy task and it’s inevitable that we will experience some teething problems. There are a huge number of complexities in delivering a project of this size and whilst we did extensive user testing, it was always going to be a challenge to capture every possible scenario.

Whilst we appreciate this has affected some of our users we wanted to let you know that it’s on our radar and we’re working hard to address all the issues discussed in this thread. We’ve been collecting all your feedback, bug reports and comments. We review and report each item and they have been added to our issues list for review and will be managed according to priority.

In 2017 we’re planning to introduce new features and improvements and we will continue to refine, improve and optimise your online experience.

I'll be closing this Ask the Expert feature but please continue to send us your feedback through the How to use Club Together threads and we will continue to make updates over the coming weeks.

Thank you for your patience during this time and thank you for all your comments and feedback.

But you had a whole load of feed back ages ago when the original format was launched, you obviously ignored it because the new format has almost all the same 'teething' prblems.

But as usual, when topics don't follow the CC line, they're closed! yell

Simon100 replied on 22/12/2016 18:53

Posted on 22/12/2016 18:53

The problems experienced are not 'teething problems' but major issues with a poorly designed and minimally tested web site. 

Who did the user testing, as in the quote above?

No one who has contributed to the feedback, since the new site was launched, seemed to have known anything about it, even the moderaters.

If the testing was done by professional testers then they need to have their contract terminated. 

If the testing was done by CC staff I would suggest that they stick to the day job.

I have no faith that the people who created this site have the skills, knowledge or understanding to solve the problems that should not have been there in the first place. 

Simon100 replied on 22/12/2016 18:53

Posted on 22/12/2016 18:53

The problems experienced are not 'teething problems' but major issues with a poorly designed and minimally tested web site. 

Who did the user testing, as in the quote above?

No one who has contributed to the feedback, since the new site was launched, seemed to have known anything about it, even the moderaters.

If the testing was done by professional testers then they need to have their contract terminated. 

If the testing was done by CC staff I would suggest that they stick to the day job.

I have no faith that the people who created this site have the skills, knowledge or understanding to solve the problems that should not have been there in the first place. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook