Guidance needed please

replied on 03/02/2019 13:52

Posted on 03/02/2019 13:52

The user and all related content has been deleted

Mitsi Fendt replied on 03/02/2019 14:04

Posted on 03/02/2019 14:04

WTG I was also finding the information useful on the thread you speak of.

Hopefuly we will be kept well informed by both the authorities and CC.

replied on 03/02/2019 14:14

Posted on 03/02/2019 14:04 by Mitsi Fendt

WTG I was also finding the information useful on the thread you speak of.

Hopefuly we will be kept well informed by both the authorities and CC.

Posted on 03/02/2019 14:14

brue replied on 03/02/2019 14:40

Posted on 03/02/2019 14:40

Way to Go I share your interests and questions regarding travel guidance etc but I don't think the club or any of us can do much until we get nearer a formal date. Did you know the club have been trying to update the information presently available. See this LINK (club info on travelling after Brexit.) The other site being continually updated is the Gov.uk Brexit site which you mentioned and this contains reams of information and possible outcomes but even that can't truly be relied on till we get to the exit dates and agreements.

edit I see the club have included "useful links" to the gov. web site and also to Abta.

replied on 03/02/2019 15:10

Posted on 03/02/2019 14:40 by brue

Way to Go I share your interests and questions regarding travel guidance etc but I don't think the club or any of us can do much until we get nearer a formal date. Did you know the club have been trying to update the information presently available. See this LINK (club info on travelling after Brexit.) The other site being continually updated is the Gov.uk Brexit site which you mentioned and this contains reams of information and possible outcomes but even that can't truly be relied on till we get to the exit dates and agreements.

edit I see the club have included "useful links" to the gov. web site and also to Abta.

Posted on 03/02/2019 15:10

Tinwheeler replied on 03/02/2019 15:40

Posted on 03/02/2019 15:40

WTG, I have reported your OP as a means of asking for clarification on whether such topics may be discussed.

Hope that’s OK with you.

brue replied on 03/02/2019 15:46

Posted on 03/02/2019 15:46

There was another thread going that covered this topic but I can't find it, I can't remember if it was closed, strayed off topic or is still open? Maybe someone can dig it out. I had a quick look for it but can't find it.

Edit.  Found it, look in the overseas section. I think there may be others. If folks don't start adding personal political comments perhaps new threads will survive? 

DavidKlyne replied on 03/02/2019 15:50

Posted on 03/02/2019 15:50

WTG

I think you are referring to the thread I have recently closed in the Overseas Touring section. Couple of things I would say about that thread. Firstly there was no relevant or useful information posted in the original post and on reflection I should have perhaps closed the thread immediately. However the reason it was closed was one member started to voice a personal opinion about elements of us leaving the EU this is what is not allowed in any discussion on this subject. 

As I mentioned when I closed the tread there is not ban on talking about the effects of Brexit on us travelling abroad or providing useful and factual information on how that might impact on fellow travellers to Europe and there probably a few threads on the subject that are still open but have slid down the listing because of lack of contributions.  

I do appreciate that the time is getting closer with apparently no settled way forward and members will be worried, especially if their start or return coincides with the end of March. If you can come up with a catchall  thread to cover all elements please feel free to post and perhaps we could look to make it sticky?

David

replied on 03/02/2019 15:52

Posted on 03/02/2019 15:40 by Tinwheeler

WTG, I have reported your OP as a means of asking for clarification on whether such topics may be discussed.

Hope that’s OK with you.

Posted on 03/02/2019 15:52

replied on 03/02/2019 16:06

Posted on 03/02/2019 15:50 by DavidKlyne

WTG

I think you are referring to the thread I have recently closed in the Overseas Touring section. Couple of things I would say about that thread. Firstly there was no relevant or useful information posted in the original post and on reflection I should have perhaps closed the thread immediately. However the reason it was closed was one member started to voice a personal opinion about elements of us leaving the EU this is what is not allowed in any discussion on this subject. 

As I mentioned when I closed the tread there is not ban on talking about the effects of Brexit on us travelling abroad or providing useful and factual information on how that might impact on fellow travellers to Europe and there probably a few threads on the subject that are still open but have slid down the listing because of lack of contributions.  

I do appreciate that the time is getting closer with apparently no settled way forward and members will be worried, especially if their start or return coincides with the end of March. If you can come up with a catchall  thread to cover all elements please feel free to post and perhaps we could look to make it sticky?

David

Posted on 03/02/2019 16:06

Tinwheeler replied on 03/02/2019 16:13

Posted on 03/02/2019 15:52 by

Fine, thank you. I was minded to report  my own OP, but had not got around to it.

Edit to say I posted before I saw that David K had posted a response.

Posted on 03/02/2019 16:13

Unfortunately, we don’t seem able to report our own posts, WTG.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook