Green print on green

replied on 31/12/2016 16:42

Posted on 31/12/2016 16:42

no one seems to have answered why we have to suffer the green print on green for titles.  I don't bother to look in too often now as i feel as though i've gone blind in my left eye.

SteveL replied on 01/01/2017 11:31

Posted on 01/01/2017 11:31

I don't personally have any problem with it. However, I would assume you are going to get a few folk who struggle to resolve the differences,  when the same colour  is placed on top of a paler shade. It is likely to be the case, just with different people, if another colour is used. The only way round it would be not to have background colours, or use a different colour rather than shade.

cyberyacht replied on 01/01/2017 12:21

Posted on 01/01/2017 12:21

It is poor design. To deliberately use a colour palette that creates difficulties even if only for some users is perverse in the extreme.

EJB986 replied on 01/01/2017 12:26

Posted on 01/01/2017 11:17 by DavidKlyne

I think it looks rather smart and find it perfectly readable. What system are you using?

David

Posted on 01/01/2017 12:26

David you infer that people who find the type difficult to read should adjust their PCs or other devices?

When those same people can manage on all the other sites in the world it seems a bit of a sad situation!

I browse on a number of similar up to date modern PCs and it really is a pain after a couple of minutes. I also spend up to 3 or 4 hours on the internet some days, for various reasons, and only this site conflicts with my very acceptable eyesight!

Tinwheeler replied on 01/01/2017 13:38

Posted on 01/01/2017 13:38

It's not my colour scheme of choice but I find it quite readable even though my eyesight is far from good.

EJB986 replied on 01/01/2017 13:47

Posted on 01/01/2017 13:47

Many people find it acceptable....that's not the point!

DavidKlyne replied on 01/01/2017 14:13

Posted on 01/01/2017 12:26 by EJB986

David you infer that people who find the type difficult to read should adjust their PCs or other devices?

When those same people can manage on all the other sites in the world it seems a bit of a sad situation!

I browse on a number of similar up to date modern PCs and it really is a pain after a couple of minutes. I also spend up to 3 or 4 hours on the internet some days, for various reasons, and only this site conflicts with my very acceptable eyesight!

Posted on 01/01/2017 14:13

The point of asking what system was to try an establish whether the issue was linked to that system or whether it is wide spread. Because we are in the early stages of the new forum development it's useful to have as much information as possible, would you not agree? It seems from comments on here that many people seem to like it but some don't. The problem with changing it is that you just shift the problem the other way round. Now maybe one way round this might be to darken the text very slightly which might improve the contrast. It would be constructive for people to suggest what might work better for them so that IT have something to work with hopefully without alienating those that have no issues with the current scheme. 

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook