French CritAir Stickers

MrEd2 replied on 26/06/2022 10:10

Posted on 26/06/2022 10:10

Hi folks,

can anyone advise me what grade of French Critair sticker I need for a starburst m/h Peugeot Boxer Autocruise 2011  Diesel laden weight 2642? Many thanks.

RedKite replied on 26/06/2022 10:36

Posted on 26/06/2022 10:36

The French authorities will tell you based on the information on your V5 document. You can run a simulator on the website, but it will be information only, you don't apply for a specific one. Use the French crit air website, not one of the 'helpers' that will charge 30 to 50 euros for nothing. The real cost is under 5 euros delivered to the UK.

If you look at Overseas and Touring you will find posts about Crit air in France.

Rufs replied on 26/06/2022 13:33

Posted on 26/06/2022 10:36 by RedKite

The French authorities will tell you based on the information on your V5 document. You can run a simulator on the website, but it will be information only, you don't apply for a specific one. Use the French crit air website, not one of the 'helpers' that will charge 30 to 50 euros for nothing. The real cost is under 5 euros delivered to the UK.

If you look at Overseas and Touring you will find posts about Crit air in France.

Posted on 26/06/2022 13:33

Hi RK, to save me wading thru mountains of documents, do you know if the Crit air stickers valid indefinitely, i have one that i purchased some years ago, cannot see any date on it just a bar code???. Was stopped recently by the French police, just a routine check at the Péage, but they never checked for a Crit air sticker.  

Rufs replied on 27/06/2022 09:41

Posted on 27/06/2022 09:41

Tks guys, good to know, one less piece of form filling, next will be the visa required to enter Schengen countries undecided

JimE replied on 27/06/2022 10:06

Posted on 27/06/2022 08:15 by cyberyacht

Valid for the life of the vehicle, I beleive.

Posted on 27/06/2022 10:06

It's actually valid for the life of your windscreen - I had to have my screen replaced and had to get a new Crit air sticker as the old one was stuck fast.  I also had to get a new sticker for the German zones too for the same reason.

moorlander999 replied on 27/06/2022 12:18

Posted on 27/06/2022 12:18

are we still laying on our backs getting our belly ticked by the European Govts ?

The UK seem very lax at enforcements on foreign vehicles yet the Europeans are all over our vehicles like a rash !

I have a CRIT for my motorcycle - a complete farce obtaining it - the French Govt put the wrong reg number on the disc...despite me sending a copy of the log book ..then refused to supply another with the correct reg number...so I paid out for another . I toured France and was stopped several times for ''safety checks'' by the  gendarmes on nice sunny days ( never when it was raining ) and noticed that it was only foreign bikes and only once was asked where my CRIT sticker was (I think it was in Lyon ) I showed the cop my sticker ) in my jacket pocket ) and he didn't even check it - just waived me through.  

Is the system for foreign vehicles requiring a CRIT  just a Money making exercise ?

Rufs replied on 27/06/2022 14:20

Posted on 27/06/2022 14:20

"are we still laying on our backs getting our belly ticked by the European Govts ?"

I think we are and it is going to continue, which is a bit baffling as countries such as Spain are crying out for British money from British tourists, and a site i use regularly in Spain was very short on British Mh's/caravans April thru June this year.

"Is the system for foreign vehicles requiring a CRIT just a Money making exercise ?"

Well I believe the French also have to pay for a CRIT permit, so not just foreign vehicles,

But without doubt more form filling is in the pipeline and a €7 charge, but do they make any money out of this, the admin and postage that is needed must use up most if not all of the monies taken

But i think a big concern going forward is going to be the cost of diesel in France and to a lesser extent Spain, and the high toll costs in France if you use the toll roads to get from A to B as quickly and easily as possible, and ferry fares are on the rise. undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook