can't load new avatar

young thomas replied on 05/04/2017 18:38

Posted on 05/04/2017 18:38

wanted to change avatar.....

on ipad....you need flash which ypu cant load...

so, fire up old Windows box, attempt new photo....too large 3.2 mp)

resize photo (1.3 mp) but get message that file is of wrong type....it looks like a .jpg to me...

ah well, it took me a year to load the other one.....lol....

SteveL replied on 05/04/2017 18:44

Posted on 05/04/2017 18:44

Lots of folk seem to have been having trouble changing it BB. I have decided not to attempt it, at least at the moment I have one, a lot have just disappeared. 

As you seem to have done, I wrongly assumed that the ability to post photos from my iPad would mean I could change my avatar. I was somewhat surprised to find this was not possible. You would have thought if they were updating one bit they would have extended this to the avatar.

young thomas replied on 06/04/2017 08:11

Posted on 06/04/2017 08:11

cheers, Steve. perhaps ill try a photo in a thread first....walk before running?undecided

interesting, avatars need to be 2mb or less, while in line pics are (apparently) restricted to 500kb.

so the reduced size pic would have been ok if the techie stuff had worked, but too big to post in this reply.....

consistency, eh?undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook