Can a Moderator Please Explain?

jakeontour replied on 17/07/2017 18:28

Posted on 17/07/2017 18:28

Hi

Been away for a few months, came back and thought I'd have a look around.

Saw a post the other day were I thought I could add value / clarity so composed a decent sized reply and pressed 'post'.

Somewhat surprised to get a big message across the screen saying that as I was a new poster my post had to be 'viewed and approved' by a moderator.

It's been a long time since anyone has called me new at anything, and I recall having many of those coloured stars before that scheme got canned.  So I'm fairly sure I've made considerably more than 3 posts.

Today I log on and the post is totally missing!

So I'd like a moderator to explain please?

Wonder if it's anything to do with me cancelling my membership after 20-odd thankless years?

P.S.  Guess what, I got the same message this time, be exciting to see what happens!

DavidKlyne replied on 17/07/2017 23:48

Posted on 17/07/2017 23:48

Jake, if only I could. Non staff Moderators can't approve these types of posts so it's reliant staff member ot CM seeing your posts. I will report this thread so that Admin can take action.

David

PS I was a bit surprised the you appeared as a new member of the forum, have you changed your e-mail address?

RowenaBCAMC replied on 18/07/2017 11:27

Posted on 18/07/2017 11:27

Hi Jake, I'm so sorry you have had an issue with this. I'm not sure why this has happened as you have previously posted on Club Together. As such I have reported this to be investigated. Were you previously a member and now a non-member? In which case your first posts would need to be approved as part of our spam filter to ensure you are a genuine contributor.

I have approved your login so you should now be able to post on Club Together but if you continue to have any issues please email communitymanager@camc.com. 

jakeontour replied on 19/07/2017 13:53

Posted on 19/07/2017 13:53

Hi David, Good of you to have remembered me. 

I haven't changed my email address but I think Rowena has provided and interesting explanation.

We have chosen not to renew our membership after over 20 years, due solely to realising that changes in the way we motorhome means that we haven't spent a single night on a club site in 3 years or c/l in 2 years.

Quite why that should suddenly make me a 'high risk' new poster I can't think, but at least I now know.

JVB66 replied on 19/07/2017 13:56

Posted on 19/07/2017 13:53 by jakeontour

Hi David, Good of you to have remembered me. 

I haven't changed my email address but I think Rowena has provided and interesting explanation.

We have chosen not to renew our membership after over 20 years, due solely to realising that changes in the way we motorhome means that we haven't spent a single night on a club site in 3 years or c/l in 2 years.

Quite why that should suddenly make me a 'high risk' new poster I can't think, but at least I now know.

Posted on 19/07/2017 13:56

Have you found it better to use other companies sites? ,please advise for future use by otherssmile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook