A request for friendly discussion

Kennine replied on 15/05/2016 12:04

Posted on 15/05/2016 12:04

Having been a member since this forum started, I am disheartened to see so many threads turning into unfriendly personal attacks, often not even connected with that thread.   I won't apportion blame as group names are disallowed and would I never personally accuse any individual poster on open forum.

Even when personally attacked,--- best not to retalliate, Just ignore them.  

As the situation is at its worst since the forum started, can we please see an effort by all posters to keep this forum friendly and a nice place to spend time on. 

OK there will always be differences of opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. Everybody is different. But just remember if somebody disagrees with a post, by all means attack the post,-- but never the individual poster.  

K Smile 

huskydog replied on 15/05/2016 12:54

Posted on 15/05/2016 12:54

Working in retail I get a lot of customers come in to buy and have a chat about any subject under the sun, and some customers have some strong opinions about certain subjects ( which is not a problem ) ,but i have learnt to bite my tongue sometimes as I don't always agree with them ,but want to keep them as a customer, but as a person they are a nice person , and the same applies on here  ,I might have a strong view about a subject ,but don't want to start an arguement ,so I just don't post , I'm quite a chilled out person ,unless it affects me personally and then I will fight my ground ( which everyone is entitled to do) 

Fancy being a Mod K???WinkLaughing

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/05/2016 13:19

Posted on 15/05/2016 13:19

What a corker K, please just don't ever change-I Luuurvvvves itLaughingLaughingLaughing

Kennine replied on 15/05/2016 13:31

Posted on 15/05/2016 13:31

Working in retail I get a lot of customers come in to buy and have a chat about any subject under the sun, and some customers have some strong opinions about certain subjects ( which is not a problem ) ,but i have learnt to bite my tongue sometimes as I don't always agree with them ,but want to keep them as a customer, but as a person they are a nice person , and the same applies on here  ,I might have a strong view about a subject ,but don't want to start an arguement ,so I just don't post , I'm quite a chilled out person ,unless it affects me personally and then I will fight my ground ( which everyone is entitled to do) 

Fancy being a Mod K???WinkLaughing

Write your comments here...Strangely enough H/D the answer to your question is NO.--  I'm happy just to be an ordinary member of this and other forums and a satisfied customer of the CC. 

Cool

harryb replied on 15/05/2016 13:39

Posted on 15/05/2016 13:39

I haven't notice any stark difference. Yes, see it going on and when that happens I just leave the post. I also loose interest in posts that go on and on without any meaningful replies.

Suppose it's all about being selective.

Oneputt replied on 15/05/2016 13:46

Posted on 15/05/2016 13:46

Personally I think the forum is so much better than it was a couple of years ago.  The conversations were full of vitriol, trolling was rife and just full of personal attacks.  Think by and large CT is just a better place to be

cyberyacht replied on 15/05/2016 15:40

Posted on 15/05/2016 15:40

I've been on the forum since the very early days. Perhaps I'm a bit obtuse but I can't recall anything warranting a custodial sentence or even community service. One encounters rectal orifices in all walks of life. It is seldom a terminal experience.

volvoman9 replied on 15/05/2016 16:29

Posted on 15/05/2016 16:29

Personally I think the forum is so much better than it was a couple of years ago.  The conversations were full of vitriol, trolling was rife and just full of personal attacks.  Think by and large CT is just a better place to be

Sums it up for me Happy

v9

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook