2019/20 Sites Directory and Handbook

baileyvanman replied on 22/12/2018 12:49

Posted on 22/12/2018 12:49

Just received my 2019/20 sites Directory and Handbook and I'm bitterly disappointed to find there are no nightly fees quoted on the clubsite pages, just a vague "from" price. To me this stinks of underhand and secretive practices. Why should we have to either download a price list or order one by post? The prices should be clearly given for each site on its given page.

This is the second questionable action by the club in two years, the renaming without widespread consultation of the membership being the previous one.

What the hell is going on??

eurortraveller replied on 22/12/2018 12:51

Posted on 22/12/2018 12:51

What's going on? Well..Christmas, Brexit, Drones, and homelessness.  . Be happy. 

Tinwheeler replied on 22/12/2018 13:32

Posted on 22/12/2018 13:32

Oh, Euro, with 3 threads about it, it must be more important than all those other topics. 😄

JVB66 replied on 22/12/2018 13:55

Posted on 22/12/2018 12:49 by baileyvanman

Just received my 2019/20 sites Directory and Handbook and I'm bitterly disappointed to find there are no nightly fees quoted on the clubsite pages, just a vague "from" price. To me this stinks of underhand and secretive practices. Why should we have to either download a price list or order one by post? The prices should be clearly given for each site on its given page.

This is the second questionable action by the club in two years, the renaming without widespread consultation of the membership being the previous one.

Posted on 22/12/2018 13:55

I think the directory site prices have been left out because it is a bi- annual publication (at the moment) and the update was not issued this year with the latest site prices but was available on line or by post so the directory will not be OOD apart from the "from prices"which seem as if some are OOD alreadysurprised

Takethedogalong replied on 22/12/2018 14:08

Posted on 22/12/2018 14:08

Given all the different prices the Club now use for each single site, the hand book would be three times thicker than it already is!

Its out of date instantly JVB, as CLs come and go, Club decides on a second price increase in a year, and the opening and closing dates alter in the second year of usage. It’s very much reliance upon website nowadays, with handbook as a back up. If only the website and other communication with Club were as reliable!undecided

harryb replied on 22/12/2018 14:46

Posted on 22/12/2018 12:49 by baileyvanman

Posted on 22/12/2018 14:46

I totally agree with you. The whole pricing structure is now shrouded in secrecy in the handbook, this to me is designed to throw a veil over the true cost of a night on site. The club appear to have taken on board the remarks of recent months which state the prices are getting out of hand so instead of doing something about prices the have hidden them from view. Just like the 'from' price it's disguised to look cheap. A cunning marketing ploy.

The handbook is the members bible and should have the most important part of the stay on site. The price. I can always pick up my handbook whether at home or away. I can't always get on the internet.

People do a lot of shopping from catalogues, brochures etc. All have the price, if they don't the customer may just pass them by. I do hope this is not the case with club sites.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook