Winter porch awning

Graymee replied on 22/09/2019 08:51

Posted on 22/09/2019 08:51

Does anyone use a winter porch awning? What I mean is a small awning where you can take off muddy, wet footwear before getting into your caravan. Somewhere you could store wet footwear, an umbrella, etc. Isabella do one but it seems quite large. Any recommendations?

Takethedogalong replied on 22/09/2019 15:30

Posted on 22/09/2019 15:30

We used to use a cheap fibreglass pole one back when we used van. Only cost us £60, it was robust, fitted our van well, and did what we needed. Primarily for towelling off pooches, changing shoes, bit of storage. Took around 10 minutes to erect, take down.

richardandros replied on 24/09/2019 05:55

Posted on 24/09/2019 05:55

We bought a Sunncamp Swift 220 for our last van for the very purpose you describe.  It was £85 but I see that they are currently advertised at £135.

Being lightweight, it is very easy to dry at home if it has to be packed away wet and is plenty big enough to satisfy your requirements without being enormous. It has the advantage of being supported by two short steel poles and a fibreglass hoop - none of which touch the van, so there is no chance of damage if it gets windy.

For the money, it has proved itself to be very good value.

I believe they also make a 200 size, but the 220 was ideal for us because it was just the right size to cover the door and the window next to it.

Trini replied on 24/09/2019 13:18

Posted on 24/09/2019 13:18

Unless youre going anywhere where heavy snow is expected I would echo the above recommendations for the Sunncamp style porch.

We have a 260 (to clear the cassette door) and use it from October to feb for the afore mentioned reasons.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook