What a strange question

harryb replied on 09/04/2020 21:55

Posted on 09/04/2020 21:55

I just have to share this with someone.

I am sitting here filling in an application form for car insurance. All the usual stuff these forms need. Except this. I have just filled in the boxes with my date of birth which is January 1951.The next question asks. "When did you start living in the UK". There are two choices, tick the appropriate box. 1 - From birth or 2 - January 1951

Now which one should I tick.

Waffler replied on 11/04/2020 19:59

Posted on 11/04/2020 19:59

Tick from birth. You can't get that wrong.  Normally it says from birth or and gives a space. Sounds like their website is putting in your birth date by error.

InaD replied on 12/04/2020 15:41

Posted on 09/04/2020 21:55 by harryb

I just have to share this with someone.

I am sitting here filling in an application form for car insurance. All the usual stuff these forms need. Except this. I have just filled in the boxes with my date of birth which is January 1951.The next question asks. "When did you start living in the UK". There are two choices, tick the appropriate box. 1 - From birth or 2 - January 1951

Now which one should I tick.

Posted on 12/04/2020 15:41

That's the frustrating thing with some of these online forms.  I wouldn't be able to complete it, as I haven't lived in the UK from birth, so presumably that would result in: computer says no!

Wherenext replied on 12/04/2020 19:07

Posted on 12/04/2020 19:07

What happens if you've had a spell abroad, say in the Services or just working, for a number of years? Not designed very well is it? Makes you wonder about their overall efficiency.

EDIT - Harry, did you work it out?laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook