Water filter

Lyke Wake Man replied on 01/06/2023 14:36

Posted on 01/06/2023 14:36

my water filter seems to restrict the flow of water to the shower room basin tap, I have just removed the filter and the flow seems better, is it O.K. not to use the filter

Moderator Edit:

You don't say if this relates to a caravan or motorhome so I'll guess caravan and move it accordingly.

KjellNN replied on 01/06/2023 15:00

Posted on 01/06/2023 15:00

I would say so.  All site water is safe to drink after all.   We have never had a water filter in over 35 years of caravanning.

richardandros replied on 01/06/2023 15:40

Posted on 01/06/2023 15:40

Totally agree with KJ - we have been caravanning / boating for the same period and have never used a filter and have never suffered any ill effects.  That said, we have started using a Britta filter for drinking - as we do at home - simply because it seems to take a lot of the chlorine taste out of it. After all - why do you need to filter shower water?

peedee replied on 01/06/2023 16:18

Posted on 01/06/2023 16:18

I recall a long time ago the Club advised if they were not changed regualrly they became very unhygenic. I took mine out and never looked back. I now have a motorhome but I never clean the tank either but I do not drink the water from it but refill a container from fresh water taps for drinking water and keep it in the fridge. No reason why you could not do the same in a caravan. Ditch the filter.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook