Waste disposal points in Wales

ScreenNameFBFC8E4B0D replied on 22/08/2022 23:56

Posted on 22/08/2022 23:56

hi,

I am thinking to take a trip to Wales (Brecon Beacons and then Pembrokeshire) in the coming weeks and wondered if anyone knows of any club sites, or other parks where you could pay to dispose of grey and black wastes after a few days of 'wild camping'. I will be staying at a couple of club sites also but there will be some days where i'm not and so any info on potential places who offer this service would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance

JillwithaJay replied on 24/08/2022 19:49

Posted on 24/08/2022 19:49

The only way you can dispose of grey waste water/fill fresh water tanks and empty toilet cassettes on club sites is to book onto the site and pay for a night's stay.

Cornersteady replied on 24/08/2022 20:04

Posted on 24/08/2022 20:04

However I can certainly imagine with some great certainty and know what the OP is asking.

So, to save time:

This isn't offered at the moment on club sites due to the club's view that it does not encourage wild camping. As said you will have to stay at least one night, or pay the fee for one night. A cheaper way might to pay for one's night stay on a CL.

I believe the CCC does allow this so perhaps consider joining them? Others might be along to say where other non club sites or places allow this? And perhaps campaign to get the club to change its mind but this won't help atm

PS A new bug in the CT software?

Cornersteady replied on 24/08/2022 20:21

Posted on 24/08/2022 20:16 by Tinwheeler
Content has been removed.

Posted on 24/08/2022 20:21

Just for completeness, I think the last time this was aired the club also said it would add congestion to sites as well? And no you can't use the showers either.

JVB66 replied on 24/08/2022 20:26

Posted on 24/08/2022 20:26

There has been an article in Norfolk requesting that motor caravans do not use public toilets for emptying their chemical toilets. as some are not on main sewer system

Tinwheeler replied on 24/08/2022 20:29

Posted on 24/08/2022 20:21 by Cornersteady

Just for completeness, I think the last time this was aired the club also said it would add congestion to sites as well? And no you can't use the showers either.

Posted on 24/08/2022 20:29

But you can with C&CC.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook