Using Rainex etc on Towing Mirrors

replied on 05/10/2018 09:20

Posted on 05/10/2018 09:20

Just a thought. On our last trip we went through some heavy fine rain which clung to towing mirrors making rearwards view awkward and especially as folk drive without lights in such conditions. 

So, as I did when a biker I applied some rainex and polished them off along with door mirrors. Much better. Other options are available. Just a thought for all.

Navigateur replied on 05/10/2018 12:00

Posted on 05/10/2018 12:00

Not had the problem you describe in any conditions.  I wonder if perhaps my mirrors vibrate more and shake off the moisture?

Being mean, I use a cut potato on my motorcycle visor.

replied on 05/10/2018 12:40

Posted on 05/10/2018 12:40

I have experienced it before and I suspect that as there was a heavy drizzly mist the water drops were small in size and the weight of them did not overcome surface tension.

Also used a cut potato in the past 

Phishing replied on 05/10/2018 22:51

Posted on 05/10/2018 22:51

OK, given that rainX is relatively expensive (although used with success) a potato is really cheap. How does this work?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook