Two Aquarolls

1troutfisher replied on 02/06/2021 17:40

Posted on 02/06/2021 17:40

Hello, any advice on using two of the above, I have been spoiled in the past with fully serviced pitches, but an impending visit to the Hawes site leaves me with collecting water, over and over.

young thomas replied on 02/06/2021 17:54

Posted on 02/06/2021 17:54

why not have two....or even three....?

however, it takes as long to fill two as it does to fill one twice😏

assuming you dont use more than one barrel a day, cant you just do that, fill it once?

if filling two lasts you the whole stay then fill both, het it over with and your sorted.

Cornersteady replied on 02/06/2021 17:58

Posted on 02/06/2021 17:58

We have used two before we found SP, and/or rather found that more sites had them. There are various connections that allow you to 'use' two at once, ie both emptying at the same time and giving double the 'range' but we just had two that we filled each morning and just swapped over the pump at night. This was when we had all the kids with us and they used a lot of water and we liked a set routine of filling up/emptying after breakfast once a day. Emptying wasn't so 'critical' and one of the kids would do it when needed at night. Now there is only the two of us on the very rare occasions we don't get a SP (perhaps travelling on route) one will last for 24 hours. 

I suppose it's all about what fits in best with your circumstances?

replied on 02/06/2021 18:15

Posted on 02/06/2021 18:15

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

nelliethehooker replied on 02/06/2021 18:57

Posted on 02/06/2021 18:57

We use two all the time. Fill them both up when we arrive, use first, swap pump over to second for use as refill the first. Only a problem if I forget to swap the pump over before OH has her morning shower.  Simples.laughing

Cornersteady replied on 02/06/2021 19:08

Posted on 02/06/2021 18:23 by Amesford

How about 2 wastemasters as well.

Posted on 02/06/2021 19:08

I always found emptying to be far easier than filling, just close the caps haul ways, open caps, pull up and it emptied quickly, even quicker if one undid the cap near the handle. The kids could do it without too much mess. Filling was slower due to the speed/pressure of the water out of the tap and more of a faff all round. 

JohnM20 replied on 03/06/2021 07:55

Posted on 03/06/2021 07:55

I've never seen the point in having two aquarolls. It takes exactly the same amount of times to fill two as it does to fill one twice. It is extremely rare for me to need to refill our single aquaroll when OH is needing to use water, we just time everything. Usually it is straight after we've washed the pots in a evening. Unless we are both having showers, one fill lasts all day and I can't say we are particularly careful about how much we use. Same with getting rid of waste water. It takes exactly the same time. Both aquarolls and wastemasters are bulky items, one of each is enough for me to find space for whilst we are travelling, (they fit snugly in the shower and being a total of 11kg don't upset the balance of the caravan). 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 03/06/2021 08:05

Posted on 02/06/2021 18:38 by JVB66

Pitch near a service point and keep aquaroll topped up with a hosewink

Posted on 03/06/2021 08:05

Helpful advice JVπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ». Some folk just can’t stop themselves from taking a swipe when a call for help needs answering. 1t-I’ve seen 2 aquarolls beside each other with a professional join & hose atwixt the 2 enabling them both to be drained simultaneously. JV’s idea is a corker mind sometimes the easiest answers are the bestπŸ‘πŸ»

SteveL replied on 03/06/2021 08:16

Posted on 02/06/2021 18:38 by JVB66

Pitch near a service point and keep aquaroll topped up with a hosewink

Posted on 03/06/2021 08:16

Did that at Baltic Wharf once, our pitch was in range of the service point. Didn’t move the aquaroll all week, just left the hose coiled under the van, ready to connect when the tap became free. Unfortunately it was a bit far for the waste, otherwise it would have almost been a service pitch.πŸ˜‰

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook