Tracker phone call

cabbiemick replied on 24/05/2020 15:55

Posted on 24/05/2020 15:55

hi we got a phone call yesterday to say our tracker as sounded alert as it is a tracker and not a phantom they could only tell me that they have been alerted with our phantom they whuld tell you if its moved  and you could check on your phone so we had to travel 120 mile round journey to check the van was still there to our relive it was but when we went we noticed a big brown mark on the sofa it was a soy sauce had fallen over in top cubard and leaked we brought the seat home to have it cleaned we have only used the van two times since new  

SteveL replied on 24/05/2020 16:19

Posted on 24/05/2020 15:55 by cabbiemick

hi we got a phone call yesterday to say our tracker as sounded alert as it is a tracker and not a phantom they could only tell me that they have been alerted with our phantom they whuld tell you if its moved  and you could check on your phone so we had to travel 120 mile round journey to check the van was still there to our relive it was but when we went we noticed a big brown mark on the sofa it was a soy sauce had fallen over in top cubard and leaked we brought the seat home to have it cleaned we have only used the van two times since new  

Posted on 24/05/2020 16:19

I'm glad I can check on an App where mine is. Periodically I get an alert that jamming has been detected. Not been any problems up to now. I assume it's the same issue that occasionally used to interfere with the caravan remote mover. I believe there is an issue with a transmitter in the area, which can interfere. Hopefully your problem is a one off. It's a long way to go. Could you not have phoned the storage / site owner and asked them to check it was still there.

cabbiemick replied on 24/05/2020 16:46

Posted on 24/05/2020 16:46

we did but they dont live near pound and are self isiolating as they are in there 80s the phantom did that on the the app but tracker does not were going to buy a tracker to fit ourself that you can check on your phone i think you can buy mobile one

skodaman replied on 24/05/2020 16:53

Posted on 24/05/2020 16:53

problem sometimes is that the alarm gps cannot pick up at 3 satellites which normally happens when the van is moving so it sounds an alarm call to the monitor station ,it happen to us once whilst we were way on holiday at Wood farm site in Dorset at 10pm at night

SteveL replied on 24/05/2020 16:56

Posted on 24/05/2020 16:56

Ours is a vodaphone automotive one, we had fitted when we bought the MH. Needed to get it insured, not just for a discount. It uses the phone network to communicate. It's not linked to the alarm at all, as was our caravan one and is always active. If the van is started / moved without a fob being present in the cab, it alarms. I quite like the fact it records all our journeys and these are available for review on the App.

SteveL replied on 25/05/2020 10:08

Posted on 25/05/2020 10:08

On the documentation it refers to the system as vodaphone protect and connect S5 Plus.

It comes with an app, which shows you where your van is on google maps, or aerial photo. Stores where you have been for later viewing. Gives you max and average speeds for any journey, again stored. Not done it but you can set a geofence. So if you lent the van to anyone, it would alarm if they took it outside of a prescribed area. I suppose it would be good for rentals. The same can be done for speed. I assume that would be used in works vans, to say check if an employee was exceeding the company policy 60 max. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook