NaviExtra

The Vintage Voyagers replied on 30/08/2018 18:14

Posted on 30/08/2018 18:14

Good evening to one and all. 

New to the discussion forum so here goes. 

Has anyone out there had issues with a company called NaviExtra (Based in Hungry). They provide the upgrades for the built in sat nav systems in Auto-Trail motorhomes around the 2012 period, and I am assuming they are not an exclusive to this device, company or vehicle. 

I am not sure when they were first & last installed in the vehicles. 

When I first bought my second hand Auto-Trail Tracker RS in December 2015, It didn't specify when the last upgrade to the mapping system had been done. I duly purchased an upgrade in 2016, and apart from the fact that they don't support Mac computers, it has to be done via a windows PC, the upgrade at that time cost around £60.00 and went without a hitch and has worked fine. 

Unfortunately, since then illness and family matters have prevented the use of the vehicle on anything but short local journeys where the sat nav has not been the most necessary tool in the vehicle. 

However, I had high hopes that 2018, would see my wife and I taking our inaugural trip to  Europe.

Planning ahead, in June 2018, I invested in an upgrade of the sat maps, via the same process, only to find that the £70+ upgrade didn't work. Support was sought, after i'd made sure I wasn't being a computer luddite, and it was forthcoming in June. 

The upgrade failed, but before confirmation of the problem being resolved had been sent they closed the support docket. 

I had to then reinitiate the request for support. This was done at the end of June beginning of July 2018. Around the middle of July they asked for additional information and documents, which were provided. 

Since then nothing.

Despite having emailed asking for progress reports, refunds, etc. Nothing. 

Has anyone out there had similar issues with this company? 

You can only get support via the website, there are no phone numbers. 

Based on my first encounter with them I would have rated them very highly, based on this last one, diabolical for customer service. 

replied on 30/08/2018 20:07

Posted on 30/08/2018 20:07

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook