Motorhome storage

AlastairH replied on 20/07/2017 23:51

Posted on 20/07/2017 23:51

Wile travelling in France I have seen tent like structures for storing motorhomes outside.   Basically, they are frames with a pitched roof and covered in white canvas i.e. something that is freestanding that you can drive the MH in to, like a garage.  This looks a good idea to keep the sun and weather off the vehicle while it is not in use. Does anyone know of a supplier in the UK?

replied on 21/07/2017 07:10

Posted on 21/07/2017 07:10

This made me smile PD

'You can have a beautiful RV shelter to show off to your neighbors. Two garage doors with a roll up door garage openers & a framed out side entrance door.'

Yep Ican imagine the neighbours being well impressed! 

AlastairH replied on 21/07/2017 09:22

Posted on 21/07/2017 09:22

Peedee

A lot less robust and more discreet.  More like a marquee with just enough room to move around outside the vehicle.

Maybe if I explained the problem I have it would help.  Our MH is stored in a barn on a farm and the vehicle gets very dusty even over a short period.  A cover is no use because I would get filthy taking it off and putting it back on.

Something I could drive in to looked appealing

SteveL replied on 21/07/2017 09:45

Posted on 21/07/2017 09:45

A quick search online returns a few bespoke marquee manufacturers, who will make a frame to any size and provide a cover specific to your requirements. No prices though, you have to ask for a quote.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook