Motorhome locksmith

Bessie2021 replied on 10/08/2021 16:44

Posted on 10/08/2021 16:44

We recently bought our first motorhome (Bessacarr) and have a couple of issues with keys/locks. 

The thetford service locker door has jammed shut and the key won't unlock it and the main habitation door wont lock or unlock from the outside...(they both worked on viewings and collection, I think my other half has been a little heavy-handed!) it will if we jam a flat screwdriver in but obviously this leaves it very prone to break-ins so we'd like both locks replaced. 

I've called normal locksmiths and a caravan repair place and neither could help me. 

Any advice please?

Tinwheeler replied on 10/08/2021 17:00

Posted on 10/08/2021 17:00

I assume you’ve tried alternative keys?

If, after all your trials and experiments you really need new locks, you should be able to get them from caravan/motorhome accessory shops, or even DIY shopping sheds, and fit them yourselves. It’s not a difficult job.

PS. Beware though if your hab door lock is linked into the central locking system.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook