Motorhome buying advice

ScreenNameAB3651F075 replied on 16/02/2023 17:07

Posted on 16/02/2023 17:07

Hi all,  I'm looking to get a motorhome, the best one I've found in my budget (and they're aren't many about for what I'm looking for)

The best one I've found is left hand drive, and has a gross vehicle weight of 3850kg so id assume it needs a c1 licence, which I have. 

So, and this is the question im asking....how much would these 2 factors effect the resale value as in about 5 years we'd probably want to change to a different layout when it just be the 2 of us.

DavidKlyne replied on 02/03/2023 12:05

Posted on 02/03/2023 12:05

Looking at it logically surely any disparity in price would be obvious now? So when you come to sell it in the future it shouldn't be different. Whilst lots of people buy Continental models which have the habitation door on the UK drivers side they are generally right-hand drive. I would have thought that left-hand drive models are very much in the minority in this country. For someone touring a lot in Europe a left-hand drive model could be an advantage but obviously not so if the majority of driving is done in the UK. All these things could impact on current and future prices?

David 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook