Motor mover adjustment

Chris Downes replied on 26/01/2020 14:48

Posted on 26/01/2020 14:48

Hi all.....I have a Truma motor mover fitted, the grit wheel type.  It is slipping on one wheel and I can see that the gap between the wheel and tyre is larger than on the other axle.  Question is, can anybody advise on how to adjust or supply images, literature on how to adjust?  I am mechanically capable but want to know exactly what to do in order to avoid any pitfalls.  Thanks in advance

dave the rave replied on 26/01/2020 19:22

Posted on 26/01/2020 19:22

When the mover was fitted you should have been given a u shaped piece of metal.This is the measurement from roller to tyre with the caravan level on its wheels.To adjust you will need to slacken the u bolts  on both sides and slide the assembly on the chassis until both sides are at the correct distance from the tyre.Then tighten the u bolts.You will notice a large metal block clamped to the chassis forward of the mover mounting plates....adjust these until they are against the plates.(you may need to turn these blocks upside down to stop the clamp bolt slipping into the original dimple) You should,of course check tyre pressures and condition prior to making any adjustments).I find it is easier to tip the van,and support under the jockey wheel whilst slackening and tightening fixings but lower to the ground whilst doing the adjustment.A 13 mm ratchet spanner is usefull for the u bolts and a 17mm for the stops.Dont forget to check the grit covering on the rollers while you are there .

dave the rave replied on 29/01/2020 12:06

Posted on 28/01/2020 12:53 by dave the rave

Thank you Mr.Sweetyman for all your kind advice !sealed

Posted on 29/01/2020 12:06

That is quite alright.I like to help with queries where I have an in depth knowledge.Have a good day!

dave the rave replied on 15/02/2020 14:07

Posted on 15/02/2020 14:07

Mr.Downes.it is usual / polite to thank a person or business when they have given good advice.In future I shall not bother to give information to others when it concerns technical help that is a result of many years in the industry!This is down to you and I hope you are suitably ashamed!

JVB66 replied on 15/02/2020 14:22

Posted on 15/02/2020 14:22

I know it is galling when good advise is given , and there is no response to it from the OP, but it seems to be the society we live these daysundecided it  is quite noticable on here quite often, some people these days are too tied up in themselves, to even think of anyone else,or reply surprised 

Tinwheeler replied on 15/02/2020 15:06

Posted on 15/02/2020 15:06

It happens again and again but isn’t worth getting one's boxers in a twist.

DougS replied on 03/03/2020 15:17

Posted on 03/03/2020 15:17

Just to add something.

We have always found that the Truma clamps do not seem to be totally effective in maintaining the correct 20 mm gap between tyre and roller.

The attached pic shows a mod that has worked to keep the gap right for over 7 years.

A piece of Dexion (of course other strip will do with oval holes) is clamped to the Al-Ko chassis using pre-existing holes (NO DRILLING!)

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook