Long arm wing mirror broken

admiral halsey replied on 23/08/2021 18:41

Posted on 23/08/2021 18:41

Just returned from wales. Had an unfortunate encounter with a dry-stone wall and absolutely slaughtered my nearside long arm wing mirror. Having lashed up a shaving mirror to get home, I've ordered a replacement and am looking for an idiot guide to replacing it. I'm not a DIY novice, but accept that this particular job has its challenges (namely, safe removal and replacement of the door blind).

Our MH is a Benimar 282, based on a Ducato. 

Thanks for looking.

admiral halsey replied on 24/08/2021 09:10

Posted on 24/08/2021 09:10

Thanks for the reply. My blind is different to the one in the video. Not sure it will be removed as easily. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately, the MH is not on my drive, so cannot easily check. Will go to lock up and take some pics.

AH

admiral halsey replied on 27/08/2021 16:19

Posted on 27/08/2021 16:19

The mirror is now fitted. However, on dismatling I found an aerial on the smashed fitting that was absent from the new mirror(aftermarket). Before I go dismatling, and possibly breaking, my new fitment, does anyone know anything about this aerial? The radio and Nav seemed to work without it. I wondered if it had anything to do with live traffic for the nav?

AH

Armanello12 replied on 21/09/2021 16:13

Posted on 21/09/2021 16:13

Can anyone help with the topic of Wing Mirror Protectors? Vehicle is Elddis Sunseeker 200 on Peugeot Boxer body with 2005 plate.  Can only seem to find Peugeot Boxer 2007 onwards online?

Cushie replied on 04/12/2021 15:25

Posted on 04/12/2021 15:25

They are easily found online search. ( Also gumtree and marketplace )

I ordered Milenco, good quality, check the length of the mirror arm to  order, most seem to be long arm.

Kasspa replied on 05/12/2021 21:53

Posted on 27/08/2021 16:19 by admiral halsey

The mirror is now fitted. However, on dismatling I found an aerial on the smashed fitting that was absent from the new mirror(aftermarket). Before I go dismatling, and possibly breaking, my new fitment, does anyone know anything about this aerial? The radio and Nav seemed to work without it. I wondered if it had anything to do with live traffic for the nav?

AH

Posted on 05/12/2021 21:53

Hi AH, I have a Benimar 243 & was told on handover that n/s mirror was more expensive than o/s as it had the connections for the sat nav..... what did you do with the aerial, remove it completely? what did you do with the wire(s) that were attached to it? left them in situ? perhaps they're picking up an adequate signal.....

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook