Lock ’n’ Level

PeterR replied on 28/04/2019 20:35

Posted on 28/04/2019 20:35

Has anyone experience of the Lock ’n’ Level system for levelling their caravan. If so, would you encourage purchasing a kit? I have a single axle caravan and use my Alko wheel lock. Thank you in advance.

lornalou1 replied on 28/04/2019 21:20

Posted on 28/04/2019 21:20

I just carry a couple of pieces of decking cut to 4'long,(twin axle) to level the van. if required and use a nemesis lock as don't have to line the wheel with the receiver. only use alko lock when van in storage. would take some working out to get wheel in middle of lock n level and lined up with receiver.

Navigateur replied on 28/04/2019 21:39

Posted on 28/04/2019 21:39

I also have a twin axle and use blocks to level when needed.  No great problem even with two AlKo locks if one looks at where one wants the caravan and wheels to end up, before placing blocks down.

The money I didn't spend on two of these gadgets (and double ones at that) is beeing spent on wine and beer. Why two?  Because one is needed to fit the wheel lock(s), but sometimes the offside of the caravan is the side that actually needs raised to level it!

Whittakerr replied on 29/04/2019 07:06

Posted on 29/04/2019 07:06

I have had a lock n level for a couple of years now and its one of the most useful accessories i have bought.

Its so easy to level the caravan and fit the Alko wheel lock. it takes up very little space and the whole process is done in a few minutes.

I would recommend it. Have you watched the videos on their website?

richardandros replied on 29/04/2019 15:53

Posted on 29/04/2019 15:53

I have used L 'n L for five years now - and it's in constant use since I use it to fit the wheel locks on out TA van when it's in storage at home, as well as on site. I think it's the best bit of kit I have bought and the back-up service from Delter Culson is second to none (see my previous post).  That said, although it's a brilliant levelling device, it really comes into its own for fitting both wheel locks to a TA van and therefore I wouldn't say it was so essential on a single-axle van. In my opinion , it's the only safe way to jack a van on soft ground, and especially if a motor mover prevents access to the usual jacking points.

ADD46 replied on 29/04/2019 18:16

Posted on 29/04/2019 18:16

Peter - I've been using a lock n level on a single axle for a year. It's very easy to use, whichever side needs raising and makes the fitting of the Alko wheel lock a doddle. Worth the money and well made. 

Merve replied on 29/04/2019 19:07

Posted on 28/04/2019 20:35 by PeterR

Has anyone experience of the Lock ’n’ Level system for levelling their caravan. If so, would you encourage purchasing a kit? I have a single axle caravan and use my Alko wheel lock. Thank you in advance.

Posted on 29/04/2019 19:07

Oh Have I! Brilliant! Best thing since the wood block, ramp and chock were invented. So easy to level van these days. 

PeterR replied on 02/05/2019 20:51

Posted on 02/05/2019 20:51

Thank you everyone who has responded, there is more positives than negatives, so I have now ordered a Lock n Level. We’re away next week so I’ll see how I get on.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook