Lock 'n' Level Twin Axle | Caravan and Motorhome

Briang replied on 03/04/2021 10:46

Posted on 03/04/2021 10:46

How many of you have use this Lock 'n' Level Twin Axle | Caravan and Motorhome Levelling  on a twin axle caravan. Is it as good as it is supposed to be. would you recommend the use of it.

I look forward to seeing your reviews. 

replied on 03/04/2021 11:00

Posted on 03/04/2021 11:00

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Navigateur replied on 03/04/2021 11:01

Posted on 03/04/2021 11:01

It is quite easy to line up the wheels to fit the two locks using about £1.50 of kit. I guess those who use lock and level must carry two full sets so they can fit locks on the near side and then lift the other side when it is the off-side that needs to be raised to level the caravn.

Briang replied on 04/04/2021 11:10

Posted on 03/04/2021 11:01 by Navigateur

It is quite easy to line up the wheels to fit the two locks using about £1.50 of kit. I guess those who use lock and level must carry two full sets so they can fit locks on the near side and then lift the other side when it is the off-side that needs to be raised to level the caravn.

Posted on 04/04/2021 11:10

What kit is this for £1.50

Navigateur replied on 04/04/2021 13:20

Posted on 04/04/2021 13:20

Plastic food chopping sheets from Aldi/Lidl. 

The method has been described a few times on this forum but good luck to you if trying to find it!

richardandros replied on 04/04/2021 13:51

Posted on 04/04/2021 13:51

I have used L 'n L on TA vans for about the last 6 years - until mobility problems caused me to have E&P hydraulic levelling fitted to the van, last year.

I have no hesitation in saying it's the best bit of kit I have bought for the van which makes both levelling and fitting the twin wheel locks so easy. Normal jacking methods don't work if, like us, you have an AWD motor mover fitted which prevents access to the jacking points.  Moreover, since we regularly use CLs and CSs and are invariably on grass pitches, it is probably the safest way to jack a caravan - no danger of jacks of whatever sort sinking into soft ground and toppling over and often there isn't room to put something solid underneath a jack to spread the load.

They have gone up in price since I bought ours and are quite an expensive investment now.  I bought the Combo kit but in practice found that I only had to raise the offside of the van on a couple of occasions.

I have no connection with Delter Coulson - just a very satisfied customer.

EmilysDad replied on 04/04/2021 14:31

Posted on 04/04/2021 14:31

If I remember, I line up a wheel & fit an Alko lock, & then if I can then fit my Bulldog wheel lock I do so, if it doesn't, then so be it. 🙄

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook