Locating tracker device

Chorlerian replied on 21/05/2020 16:41

Posted on 21/05/2020 16:41

Hi, Have had a 2014 Lunar Clubman Saros from new and have been subscribed to the fitted tracker system, because of lock down have been getting alerts that battery is down, my question should anyone be able to help is how would i go about locating this device to isolate it as I wish to replace with a third party tracker device that is not reliant on the caravan battery, had the panels off in one or two area's of the van but no success in finding it, had a look at the wiring but gave up with that idea. Have tried dealer, no help as they did not fit the device, suggested contact Lunar to see if they have any information as to location at time of build, no luck with them so far, so any idea's out there please.

My thanks

Tinwheeler replied on 21/05/2020 17:43

Posted on 21/05/2020 17:43

I think the whole point is that we don't know where it is and certainly don't reveal it’s whereabouts on a public forum.

dave the rave replied on 21/05/2020 22:18

Posted on 21/05/2020 22:18

I recall seeing a Lunar where the tracker was fitted between the back panel and the framework so access would have been by removing the back panel or cutting the wall board if you new where it was!!!You could try cancelling your tracker subscription!

Woody19 replied on 03/06/2020 15:33

Posted on 03/06/2020 15:33

If Tracker is warning you of a low battery then your caravan battery is also in a bad way. The Tracker installation includes a 12V 7Ah gel lead-acid battery which should keep the alarm healthy for about a month if you remove the leisure battery. Otherwise the two batteries are effectively (almost) in parallel.

If your van is in storage why not get a small solar panel that you can mount in one of the rooflights to keep it topped up? The power consumption of Tracker is very low. 7Ah lasting a month equates to about 12mA - and assuming a battery would be considered flat at about half capacity realistically the consumption is no more than maybe 5mA. (You can ask Tracker tech support - they will tell you.)

I'm curious what you mean by a " third party tracker device that is not reliant on the caravan battery." If it doesn't use the caravan battery how will it activate if your van is stolen or burgled?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook