Immobiliser

RSJ1960 replied on 20/04/2017 14:13

Posted on 20/04/2017 14:13

Hi I  have a Bessacarr E540 Motorhome on a 57 plate. My question is does it come with a factory fitted immobiliser. Sorry but not very technical minded hence question

Stewartwebr replied on 22/04/2017 06:36

Posted on 22/04/2017 06:36

As others have said the stock reply is "yes" However, what is the reason for you asking as the immobilisers which are factory fitted may not be to the standards perhaps your insurer is requesting. They are all allocated classifications as in Cat 1, 2 etc. So if it is an insurance requirement ensure you have the category they are demanding. All (that I'm aware of) Fiat, Peugeot , Citroen and Iveco all have Cat 2 fitted as standard from around 2007. My current van had a Cat 2 as standard but the insurer wanted it upgraded to Cat 1 which involved an alarm system which changed the Cat 2 into a Cat 1 and had to be installed and registered by a Thatcham approved fitter.

MichaelT replied on 24/04/2017 13:20

Posted on 24/04/2017 13:20

Like Steweartwebr says most factory fitted immobilisers are CAT 2 so you have to have a 2:1 alarm fitted which then upgrades it to be CAT 1.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook