Heating problem

michael merriman replied on 31/05/2021 11:06

Posted on 31/05/2021 11:06

Hi 

We have a Knaus Sun Ti with an Alde heating system. I cannot get the heating working. The boiler works as i can get hot water for the taps and shower. There is a fault ! symbol on the Knaus control panel next to the radiator symbol .The knaus panel shows the heating is off and wont let me change to turning it on ie i change it and press the go back symbol but it does not instigate the instruction to turn on the heating or turn on the gas and electric. Can anyone help please ?

Michael

young thomas replied on 31/05/2021 11:49

Posted on 31/05/2021 11:49

michael, cant help you specifically with your query as we dont have ALDE heating, but many do..

it sounds like the pump isnt firing up, which will send the hot water around the rediators like a domestic system.

my only advice would be to completely turn off everything, unplug the ehu, close the control panels down...

then plug back in, test the gas is working at the hob but try to bring the system up bit by bit...set it to a low electric setting and turn on the heater.

the boiler should fire up and the water should start to flow, BUT you will need to have the thermostat up pretty high....its 24 deg or more here...

good luck

KjellNN replied on 31/05/2021 14:27

Posted on 31/05/2021 11:06 by michael merriman

Hi 

We have a Knaus Sun Ti with an Alde heating system. I cannot get the heating working. The boiler works as i can get hot water for the taps and shower. There is a fault ! symbol on the Knaus control panel next to the radiator symbol .The knaus panel shows the heating is off and wont let me change to turning it on ie i change it and press the go back symbol but it does not instigate the instruction to turn on the heating or turn on the gas and electric. Can anyone help please ?

Michael

Posted on 31/05/2021 14:27

We have Alde, which model of control panel and boiler do you have?

I presume the panel is an Alde controller?

If you have hot water, it must be getting electricity, or gas

peedee replied on 01/06/2021 07:58

Posted on 01/06/2021 07:58

From what you say I would also suspect the heating pump. Have you checked the fuses. The pump has a separate 5 amp fuse.

peedee

LLM replied on 01/06/2021 16:33

Posted on 01/06/2021 16:33

In this weather you will need to turn the thermostat up pretty high to get the pump running.  Also, I suggest to ask the question on Motorhome Fun.  With nearly 50,000 active member you stand much more chance of getting an informed reply.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook