Great service

Lunarcpl replied on 26/05/2019 16:53

Posted on 26/05/2019 16:53

We  bought a Dorema Daytona air awning at the back end of last season and managed to use it once that year.

We had our first trip this year where it would be worth while putting up the awning. After getting the awning up and enjoying a welcome cuppa in the sun,we heard a loud " thwack " from inside. At first I couldn't make out the source of the noise, then horror of horrors, I noticed what looked like a clear over inflated ballon in one top front corner of the awning.

This particular model enables you to isolate the various air tubes, so I quickly did this and let the air out of the affected tube. I was then able to try to get to the bottom of the problem. Clearly what had happened was the stitching at the base of the  zip had failed and that caused the zip to open at the end where it is sown into the tube. Luckily the "bladder" although stretched hadn't burst, so I was able to stuff it back into the tube and reset the zip. We then sowed across the zip to stop it parting again. After some very nervous reinflating all seemed to be holding, and continued to hold for the eight nights we were away.

We returned home on the Sunday,  and the next day I contacted Dorema, and explained the situation. The person I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful.  He didn't try to say that I over inflated the tube( which know I didnt) and after a few emails to confirm what part was required he promised to FedEx me a replacement. This was on the Monday, and the replacement arrived on the Wednesday.  He did say that the tubes very rearly if ever fail and could I return the old one so they could examine it, which I did, for the small cost of £3.00 . 

I dont think I have ever been so impressed by such a level of customer service. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook