Fiamma awning on caravan

DJG replied on 23/05/2018 07:20

Posted on 23/05/2018 07:20

I am going to have a Fiamma F65S 400 fitted on the roof of my 2011 Bailey Unicorn. Has anyone had this done and has it been a success?

hitchglitch replied on 23/05/2018 08:07

Posted on 23/05/2018 08:07

I think we were probably one of the first to have the Fiamma fitted to our Unicorn. I remember Bailey exhibited it at the NEC just after the Unicorn range was introduced as they were the only UK manufacturer prepared to warrant the installation. Back then it was fitted to the side of the van which resulted in two problems. Firstly it prevented the use of an awning and secondly it was found very difficult to get a seal to the Caravan wall so water would run down the side of the van. We had no problem with ours and loved it. No more need for an awning; wonderful!

This doesn’t directly answer your question but explains why it is now fitted to the roof. You will find it a little higher to operate but Motorhomes generally have roof mounted awnings at 3 meters so I think this will be a better solution than wall mounted. 

Make sure that any warranty that you have is maintained.

JVB66 replied on 23/05/2018 10:23

Posted on 23/05/2018 10:23

We have a Thule Omnistore fitted to the roof of our Pegasus,the company who fitted it are Hillview Awnings based near Wareham,and  the brackets are Glued to the roof so no drilling of the body,

Tel no 01202 525477 

DJG replied on 24/05/2018 08:02

Posted on 24/05/2018 08:02

Thanks for the info. We also have not used a full awning for over 10 years, but I am finding it too difficult using the hand pullout type as I have to erect it on my own. Looking forward to "easy wind out" in the future.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook