Erection Service!

Retiredandlovingit replied on 28/08/2013 15:00

Posted on 28/08/2013 15:00

Sitting by my caravan at Baltic Wharf with sweat pouring from me after erecting my awning I suddenly had this thought - Wouldn't it be nice if the wardens provided an awning erection and dismantling service. The club is always looking for ways to raise funds for site improvements and this along with caravan washing could be a nice little earner and could certainly cut out a lot of arguments between me and the trouble and strife on the first day on site! What do other members think? I have to say the Warden at Baltic Wharf was not impressed with my suggestion.

terapin replied on 04/07/2023 11:16

Posted on 04/07/2023 11:16

This is a great idea for the elderly members who need help.

DavidKlyne replied on 04/07/2023 14:58

Posted on 04/07/2023 12:00 by Metheven

How are these first posts found? Nearly 10 years oldsurprised

Dare I say 'JK' might be in favour of thatsealedwink

Posted on 04/07/2023 14:58

If I recall correctly I think we discovered if someone tries to start a new thread with exactly the same title as a previous thread, however old, it resurrects the original. Don't ask me why, I didn't design the forumlaughing

David

JollyKernow replied on 05/07/2023 19:58

Posted on 05/07/2023 19:58

Crikey, careful what I post hereyell. We help many people during the course of our season, that does include occasionally  the erection of awnings, siting and levelling vans, helping motorhomers who seem to have bigger awnings than caravans etc etc. We do most of it and more without charge 'cos it's what we do. 

JK

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook