Elddis motorhome awning

Timsbury55 replied on 21/07/2021 15:45

Posted on 21/07/2021 15:45

Hi Everyone

At the end of last season we purchased a 2016 Elddis Accordo 120 motorhome and have been well pleased with the experiences so far. However there is one problem on which perhaps someone could offer advice. The awning housing is located just a few inches above the top of the entrance door so to enable the door to be used, the awning, when extended, has little or no fall to enable rainwater to run off. On one occasion overnight rain puddled and caused the support poles to collapse under the weight! The only measure we can think of to mitigate against the problem is to erect the awning so its "on the wonk" and sloping away to the far outside corner. Can anyone offer any better advice? Thanks. Howard & Di. 

Tinwheeler replied on 21/07/2021 15:54

Posted on 21/07/2021 15:54

That’s exactly what other people do to let water drain sideways. It only means lowering one leg a couple of inches.

Tinwheeler replied on 24/07/2021 23:05

Posted on 24/07/2021 22:33 by GrahamS1

I always thought it was sensible to not leave these extended overnight

Posted on 24/07/2021 23:05

My feelings, too, but each to his own.

SteveL replied on 25/07/2021 06:27

Posted on 25/07/2021 06:27

A slope from one side to the other is certainly the way to go. We normally retract ours overnight and did the first night of this week away. However, our pitch was sheltered and the conditions so hot and stable, with little or no wind, I left it extended the rest of the week. It’s not something I’m likely to repeat for a while though, our weather is just so uncertain. If it became damaged and couldn’t be properly retracted, it would somewhat compromise a tour.

replied on 25/07/2021 07:36

Posted on 25/07/2021 07:36

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook