Dirty sealant

AnnB replied on 22/03/2021 11:49

Posted on 22/03/2021 11:49

We cleaned our motorhome the other week and just can’t get the sealant clean at all. Tried Fenwicks, both diluted and full strength but it isn’t shifting the black marks.

Any ideas?

eurortraveller replied on 22/03/2021 13:07

Posted on 22/03/2021 13:07

If you Google the question you will find lots of suggestions from others before you - they include white spirit, neat and diluted bleach, various proprietary mould cleaners, and usually involve someone else's toothbrush. I never bothered, so have no idea if they work or are safe on your paintwork. Try an unobtrusive corner. 

eribaMotters replied on 03/04/2021 09:02

Posted on 03/04/2021 09:02

As above. You can also use that toothbrush with some toothpaste of the bleach version of Jif/Cif cream cleaner. I think it's the blue bottle not the yellow one. Make sure you are not to aggressive on the paintwork. I'd apply some car polish/wax when finished to give a bit of protection.

Colin

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook