Diamond Bright - alternatives

alan1406 replied on 16/09/2018 09:49

Posted on 16/09/2018 09:49

We've ordered a new caravan and one of the options is a Diamond Bright coating (inside and out).  Is there any cheaper and equally effective alternatives for the exterior?  We don't see the need for an interior coating, but the advantages of an exterior one are many.  We've heard also that the coating needs reapplying say every 2 years.

Autoglym have been mentioned as a product/brand.  Has anyone had experience of doing it themselves?  We've no aversion to rolling up our sleeves and applying a coating and polishing, but would like to know members' thoughts on what to use

lornalou1 replied on 16/09/2018 11:27

Posted on 16/09/2018 11:27

regular washing with a good vehicle wash and wax will keep it looking good.

richardandros replied on 18/09/2018 14:04

Posted on 18/09/2018 14:04

If it's anything like car dealers, the only reason they push it, is because they get a healthy commission on the sale. I've had three cars done with a similar product in the past (supposedly included in the deal - I wouldn't pay for it outright) and its only lasted a few months.

I polish our van two or three times a year with Autoglym and only ever wash it with Stardrops (it doesn't have salt in it and therefore doesn't remove the polish like some detergents).  The van is gleaming and any streaking (which doesn't happen much) easily washes off again.

If you're having to pay for it - personally I wouldn't bother.  You can buy a lot of Autoglym for the same amount.

Extugger replied on 18/09/2018 14:21

Posted on 18/09/2018 14:21

Fenwicks have a product called Bobby Dazzler Shield. I've seen it applied to a car (in exactly the same way as Diamond Bright) and the results were amazing.

It costs a fraction of the price and if you can do the van yourself, it will save you a small fortune. 

Oneputt replied on 19/09/2018 06:44

Posted on 19/09/2018 06:44

I find the interior treatment well worth it. Any accidental spillage is quickly cleaned with  damp clothe work really well  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook