Coachman 675 Door Magnets

Briang replied on 29/09/2022 18:40

Posted on 29/09/2022 18:40

I have a Coachman twin axle 675 caravan. I have a problem with the door magnets, The dealer has looked at this and can't understand why they don't hold the door to the side body. I had the door replaced due to some hollows appearing in the top of the door since then the magnet will not hold the door open, i've had new magnets when you put one to touch the other in your hand or one against the door or the side of the van they hold, but when atttached and you close the door it doesn't hold the door closed. Never heard of anything like this. Does anyone have any idea what is going on. The dealer came to the house and spent an hour trying to solve this mystery but went away not knowing how to solve this.

Thanks  Brian

Simon100 replied on 29/09/2022 19:58

Posted on 29/09/2022 19:58

I have had a problem with my Coachman 665 as well.

In my case the magnet (there is only one on the door, the one on the side is a metal disc) does not hold the door closed when there is a strong wind blowing from the rear of the van. I use a bungee cord to hold the door closed when this is the case.

To state the obvious, is there a polarity issue with your door magnets, if you are using two? Opposites attract, the same polarity repels.

Briang replied on 30/09/2022 08:57

Posted on 30/09/2022 08:57

The new ones work when you put them by hand on the door and the body of the caravan but when they are fitted thet don't hold. As you have said a puff of wind and the door slams shut.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook