Cadac

HalifaxAndy replied on 25/07/2021 11:20

Posted on 25/07/2021 11:20

Seriously thinking of investing in a cadac, always enjoy the smells from other pitches with various items being cooked and looked on enviously, I know I'm many years behind , but now I'm retired I have the time to actually do these things and sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labour whereas before I always seemed to be in a rush for some reason.

Anyway, the ins + outs of the gas fired cadac please so I can attach it to my external caravan point and learn from a beginners mistakes, or mis- steaks.

I've seen a few on e-Bay and Amazon but you can't beat reviews and experienced tips from fellow caravans/ motorhomers.

SeasideBill replied on 25/07/2021 11:53

Posted on 25/07/2021 11:53

A great product, wouldn’t be without it. The only disappointment with mine (Cadac Safari Chef 2) is the piezo ignition which has never worked reliably despite being sent a ‘fix’ by the manufacturer.

peedee replied on 25/07/2021 11:55

Posted on 25/07/2021 11:55

I would think when it comes to the cooking, one Cadac is much the same as another. I am probably not the best person to pass judgement not being a lover of outdoor gas cookers but  I guess choice of model is down to  buget, how many you want to cook for and what you can carry in your outfit.

peedee

Francis replied on 25/07/2021 13:22

Posted on 25/07/2021 13:22

Love our Cadac wouldn’t be without it we are now on our second one we had the first one 8 years now have a Cadac Carri Chef 2 got it in GO Outdoors they can be expensive to buy but well worth the money. We are away just now and over the past 2 weeks have cooked on it most days we do pizza, burgers, chops, Steaks etc on it you can even do a curry on it. The cooked breakfasts are excellent on it to great to sit out in the morning with the bacon sizzling away nicely. I highly recommend you get one I’m sure you won’t regret it 

Hope this helps 

SeasideBill replied on 25/07/2021 13:33

Posted on 25/07/2021 13:33

I have the low pressure model for use with the gas system on the van, but worth purchasing the Regulator for conversion to high pressure gas cartridge for beach bbq etc.

If you’re tempted by the quick release hose connector to the appliance be aware that it obstructs the feet when folded.

eribaMotters replied on 25/07/2021 13:47

Posted on 25/07/2021 13:47

I do not treat mine as a bbq but as a portable outside heat source. For outside cooking I use an induction hob on an extension lead if amps are up to it. When not I use my Cadac with it's hot plate or as a gas ring with big pan. 

Colin

HalifaxAndy replied on 25/07/2021 22:04

Posted on 25/07/2021 22:04

Thanks for the feedback , will be purchasing one shortly, I always keep a spare gas bottle in side locker, as we speak I have a full plus one I'm using.

Kasspa replied on 27/07/2021 16:25

Posted on 25/07/2021 13:33 by SeasideBill

I have the low pressure model for use with the gas system on the van, but worth purchasing the Regulator for conversion to high pressure gas cartridge for beach bbq etc.

If you’re tempted by the quick release hose connector to the appliance be aware that it obstructs the feet when folded.

Posted on 27/07/2021 16:25

I have the Safari Chef 2 Pro that comes with the 'lid'.....

Have no problems with the quick release causing an obstruction, the legs are numbered to fold in sequence...

The piezo ignition is temperamental but I find bending it nearer the burner works or I use a long gas lighter....

We even use our old camping cooker to cook outside that has 2 burners & a grill as much as we can....

SeasideBill replied on 27/07/2021 16:51

Posted on 27/07/2021 16:25 by Kasspa

I have the Safari Chef 2 Pro that comes with the 'lid'.....

Have no problems with the quick release causing an obstruction, the legs are numbered to fold in sequence...

The piezo ignition is temperamental but I find bending it nearer the burner works or I use a long gas lighter....

We even use our old camping cooker to cook outside that has 2 burners & a grill as much as we can....

Posted on 27/07/2021 16:51

Mine is the same model, piezo ignition is useless rather than temperamental and always has been. All attempts to fix include factory replacement modified parts have failed.

I’ve also got the numbered folding legs, but purchased the quick release separately a few years back at Cadac NEC. Maybe they’ve modified the part? It’s annoying rather than problematic as legs used to fold properly with the original fitting.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook