Bailey Pegasus shower wall splitting

Romatone replied on 13/04/2022 10:30

Posted on 13/04/2022 10:30

Hi all,

a month or so ago in my well cared for Pegasus 514 I noticed a small split appeared on the curve of the shower wall .. it was only small and I purchased some clear double sided Gorilla tape, .seems to have done the trick .Yesterday preparing for a forthcoming trip I went for the clean up .looked at the shower wall and there was the start of another split from the top.as I touched it it started to run downwards. Not Good…I looked on the caravan talk page and found a photo of someone’s repair it was a pane 700 wide and full height and said it was 1.5 mm thick .I think the company has changed name to Access Plastics Ltd.  My thought was to use this and then over cover the full shower wall with another material..

It seems that after time this plastic,which is so thin,  as used by Bailey had gone so brittle and probably the movement on the road has started it off. Having searched the various caravan chat pages I see I’m not the only one who has suffered this problem. If anyone has some ideas please let me know.

jennyc replied on 17/04/2022 23:43

Posted on 17/04/2022 23:43

Where cracks continue to grow whenever a panel moves, it’s common practice to drill a small hole just ahead of the split. It’ll grow as far as the hole you’ve made, and stop there. That’s not a repair for splits, just a way to stop them getting worse.

Tammygirl replied on 18/04/2022 17:42

Posted on 18/04/2022 17:42

We had our panel renewed under warrenty, didn't have the problem again. Some folk do the repair themselves other get a repair person to do it. I guess it's all down to how confidant you are at your skills. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook