Autotrail water ingress

colin02 replied on 30/07/2018 16:55

Posted on 30/07/2018 16:55

I have a 2011 autotrail tracker that is leaking in the front right hand bed box. This has been confirmed at the last 2 services. I have noted from previous discussions that this not an uncommon problem but I have yet to see any cures! I have removed and replaced a leaky window above this corner and also a diversion for any water that is external to be diverted away from this area. All seemed to be well until the end of our hot spell and a period of heavy rain. Has anyone experienced this problem and is there a cure?

Ayf replied on 31/07/2018 09:50

Posted on 31/07/2018 09:50

Hi Colin, this a fairly common issue with Autotrail (All van types) but if this has been identified on the last two services then how about contacting the Autotrail head office at Grimsby to ask if they will repair it.

You will need to prove suitable evidence that every annual hab check has been carried out correctly as per their T&Cs but other than that you should in theory be able to get it repaired by Autotrail HQ. 

Be aware that the AT warranty is based on a sliding scale so you don't have to pay anything during the first 5-years of the 10-year water ingress warranty but you will need to pay something from year 6 onwards - just check the detail first.

All the best, and good luck,

Andrew

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook