Air awning V poles

bmwles replied on 16/08/2017 22:56

Posted on 16/08/2017 22:56

Hi I have been looking at getting a Vango Varkala air awning instead of my Dorema poled awning, has anyone got experience of these as they seem much better now they have been out a few years and I am worried about the poles damaging my caravan especially as I am getting older and my Garda is heavy to set up and the weight in the car/van.

I had a chat with the chap from my local shop  who said that they have had a lot of problems with condensation in the Kampa models so am leaning towards the Vango.

Any response would be appreciated and may sell my 7 month old Garda size 16 

Cheers for any replies

EmilysDad replied on 16/08/2017 23:39

Posted on 16/08/2017 23:39

I chose a Kampa as they have a single inflation point. Not sure about the Vango, but other air awnings have an inflation point for each of the many bits. Not had a particular problem with condensation though.

Simon100 replied on 17/08/2017 21:00

Posted on 17/08/2017 21:00

I have a Varkala 420. I chose it over the Kampa. I like the fact that you inflate individual tubes rather than have one inflation point.

I am very happy with the Varkala. It goes up easily, packs away quickly and is very sturdy in strong winds. I have not had any issues with condensation, but would suggest that condensation is a result of the weather rather than individual awnings. Having said that the Varkala has air vents either end and a fly screen so I ensure that it is well aired.

replied on 17/08/2017 22:20

Posted on 17/08/2017 22:20

We have a Kampa porch style awning. And love it. It inflates so easily from one single point. A little tug on the strings and its up.  The same with deflation. 

We don't find condensation a problem either. 

I recommend you take a look on you tube at the various videos.i know someone who has a Kampa full air awning , but they have found it very difficult to thread through the channel. Remember you have the full weight of all the awning to pull through. 

dmiller555 replied on 18/08/2017 08:29

Posted on 18/08/2017 08:29

Lots of discussion threads on this subject to read. I have a Kampa Air awning which I'm happy with.

Never had any condensation.

I like the single inflation point and the fact that individual tubes can be isolated if there is ever a problem with a tube. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook