Replacement window

tredegarboy replied on 16/02/2023 16:52

Posted on 16/02/2023 16:52

Hello everyone,over the last couple of weeks with the weather becoming milder I started to wash down and clean our 2005 Abbey Vogue 416.Because of health issues we are considering selling.It is in vgc for year,unfortunately when cleaning the window near the sink/oven I opened the window to get to the rubber seals(to lubricate with silicon spray)and the window fell out and fell onto ashfelt tarmac.This caused to large cracks and splits which are unrepairable.I have removed the window and boarded up etc to make watertight.The window is only 68 cms wide and height 33 but to my astonishment when I have enquired for replacement through 2 companies EECO and Caravan crazy have been quoted £400-500 for a replacement.I am continuing to search online but to no avail.Would I be able to claim on my caravan insurance?or do any members know of other ways to get replacement,I am willing to travel to collect and view.Many thanks Bob

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section

Bakers2 replied on 16/02/2023 18:54

Posted on 16/02/2023 18:54

Oh how very very annoying.

Have you tried caravan breakers?

Sadly anything in the caravan world that needs replacing is expensive and generally requires a very long wait.

You've posted this in the story section - you're not alone it obviously not an easy intuitive forum to use. So may be missed by others.

Hopefully a mod will spot it and move to an appropriate section. I also suspect you may be a new poster and had to wait for approval before it appeared, it says 13th and I checked yesterday, today's the 16th....

This is a friendly forum and I'm sure you'll get some comments. Do let us know how you get on.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook