Trailer Training.......tow ratio 360%!

ChrisRogers replied on 27/10/2016 11:57

Posted on 27/10/2016 11:57

Getting Zach used to and trying out his new trailer, which means myself and wife can get out and do more cycling at home and when out with the caravan. Looking towards next year’s holiday, we will take him to Germany around the Moselle Valley with lots of cycle tracks for us all to enjoy

Bike weight 15kg, max trailer weight 57kg (trailer 17kg, load capacity 40kg) Dog weight 24kg,

Max speed stamped on draw bar, on a straight road 15mph and 5mph when turning, a nice steady 10mph should do me.

Will tow it with my hybrid bike and not the road bike.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/10/2016 12:04

Posted on 27/10/2016 12:04

Let us know how you and Zach get on, we have long considered something similar for when our dogs get to elderly for long walks, but still enjoy getting out and about. We have Labradors, so hefty and roomy bit of kit required! Hope Zach has a good time!Happy

brue replied on 27/10/2016 12:40

Posted on 27/10/2016 12:40

We've got one, if you visit somewhere like the Camel Trail in Cornwall you'll see plenty in action for pets and children. They are fairly easy on a nice flat run.Happy

JoJo9 replied on 27/10/2016 15:53

Posted on 27/10/2016 15:53

Good luck with that. We tried one of these years ago for our dog.Not a chance, she was like Houdini. Couldn't believe how she managed to escape from the harness. It was such a shame as we also wanted to do more cycling when we had Poppy with us.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook