Seasonal Canine Disease

brue replied on 03/09/2017 19:32

Posted on 03/09/2017 19:32

You might have read the sad recent repeat reviews by a dog owner after staying at Sandringham. I reported the first review, hoping the club would respond. Previously I seem to recall, the club carried information about this disease on it's Sandringham site details page. The Camping and Caravan Club, sited next door, has a clear warning message on it's site details pages.

The reviewer perhaps hasn't realised the forum or story section would have projected this information more widely.

I'm posting this in case others are not aware of the disease and it's consequences. Sandringham is not the only place affected.

see here 

I'm off on holiday now but I do hope the club responds asap.

SteveL replied on 03/09/2017 21:43

Posted on 03/09/2017 21:43

It still is mentioned on the booking page brue, for both Sandringham and Clumber. However, it is not very obvious as you have to expand the site overview section to see it. Even then it is not really highlighted.

Given the number of dog owners visiting these sites, it would seem sensible to put the information in a much more prominent position.

HelenandTrevor replied on 06/09/2017 09:14

Posted on 06/09/2017 09:14

Thanks for hi lighting the review Brue,very sad. I had been looking at a visit to Sandringham but will look elsewhere now.

JVB66 replied on 06/09/2017 09:25

Posted on 03/09/2017 19:32 by brue

You might have read the sad recent repeat reviews by a dog owner after staying at Sandringham. I reported the first review, hoping the club would respond. Previously I seem to recall, the club carried information about this disease on it's Sandringham site details page. The Camping and Caravan Club, sited next door, has a clear warning message on it's site details pages.

The reviewer perhaps hasn't realised the forum or story section would have projected this information more widely.

I'm posting this in case others are not aware of the disease and it's consequences. Sandringham is not the only place affected.

see here 

I'm off on holiday now but I do hope the club responds asap.

Posted on 06/09/2017 09:25

I have reported your post with the possibilty it will be picked up by some one at EGH ,not that anything will happen as it mayy affect income of the sites involved,undecided

RowenaBCAMC replied on 06/09/2017 10:30

Posted on 06/09/2017 10:30

Hi everyone,

We were extremely saddened by the reporting of this incident and the Regional Manager has now been in touch with the reviewer directly.

For anyone visiting the site in the future there are notices up in various locations across the site and on entrances to the woodland areas. We include information in all booking confirmations for the site. We also have information on the Club website on the site overview information, however we have now also added this to the main site details page for Sandringham to make this more prominent.

The Sandringham Estate has been in previous communications with the Animal Health Trust. The AHT advise that dogs are walked on leads in woodland during Autumn/Winter so that owners can keep a close eye on them and they suggest that spray treatments for mites may be helpful if you are concerned about SCI.

For more information on Seasonal Canine Illness please visit www.AHT.org.uk.

brue replied on 06/09/2017 10:44

Posted on 06/09/2017 10:44

Thankyou Rowena. The club have now done the right thing by making the information more prominent. I hope people will spot the information easily, on my android phone it is right at the end.

Takethedogalong replied on 08/09/2017 23:56

Posted on 08/09/2017 23:56

Don't forget that Clumber Park in Nottinghamshire, and Thetford Forest area in Norfolk are also past hotspots for Seasonal Canine Illness. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook