Nick names

Milothedog replied on 09/05/2017 20:31

Posted on 09/05/2017 20:31

Theres been some very sad post just recently so I thought I might lighten things a littlecool

Do you have a Nick name for your Dog. I have 2 Border Collies, Sparky who is 7 1/2 and Buddy who is 2. Sparky gets called Sparkles because he is always so happy and smiley and Buddy  gets called Fidget as he is always so busy cool

They both respond to either name cool

Ian.

groovy cleaner replied on 09/05/2017 20:40

Posted on 09/05/2017 20:40

Sally my cocker spaniel is Miss Giddy pants from when she was a pup and a nutcase mind you she's 12 now and still runs rings round me and Max my cross breed is Baby Cakes smile

Takethedogalong replied on 09/05/2017 22:13

Posted on 09/05/2017 22:13

Giddy Kippers! When they kick off together, best place is off the floor! Six stone at chest height is no joke!

ValDa replied on 10/05/2017 19:55

Posted on 10/05/2017 19:55

Not a nick name, but just a name for a cat!  In the village in France where we have a house there are a lot of 'stray' cats, which the villagers catch and neuter, raising money by whatever means to cover the costs.  One of them is the most beautiful all-grey cat - like grey velvet, with very unusual eye colouring (like this one).  We call him 'Shady' (after fifty shades of grey).  He's now got a 'forever' home with friends nearby!

Pippah45 replied on 10/05/2017 20:47

Posted on 10/05/2017 20:47

Both mine answer to their real names Fluppet the Labrador, that name evolved when she was a fFluppets puppety!  Aand she still has masses of loose skin!   I had intended calling her Missy!  Izzy answers to such names as Whizzy and Whizz Kid. They also both answer to "Trouble"!  

puredroprob replied on 11/05/2017 13:16

Posted on 11/05/2017 13:16

We adopted a 2 1/2 yr old German Shepherd (4yrs ago), who is called Kaiser. A great name, probably, but a little harsh when calling him back, so we started calling him "Popsy". He is an amazing dog and now answers to Mr. Pops, Pops, Kaiser or the abbreviated Kai.

Now you may think Pops is a little 'wimpy' but if you meet him you'll understand, he is a big, gentle giant who just wants to play.

ggregu replied on 11/05/2017 18:45

Posted on 11/05/2017 18:45

I've always given my dogs nick names. All Westies- Jasmine gets Jazzy Jas, Angus gets Angi Poos or just Angi and Isla is known as Isla Pops!

Crazy I know but that's me😂

Gill

Vanbirds68 replied on 03/08/2017 22:57

Posted on 03/08/2017 22:57

Over the years we've had;

Ginny aka Ginny Wins

Gwyn aka Gwynny Wins

Beth aka Bethen Wethen

All labradors, we've now got a Lakeland Terrier pup called Dilys who is sometimes called Dilly Wills or Dilys Willis. Not sure what it is with the W's 

PS - for added interest I call my son's lurcher Floki Woks (Floki) and my daughter's Border Terrier Bella Wella or Bella Wells (Bella). I think I need therapy werapy.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook