Molly One Ear

EmilysDad replied on 07/02/2017 23:23

Posted on 07/02/2017 23:23

Molly the Mutt regularly has handbags at dawn with another dog we often meet  on her morning walk. Today however, the scrap turned into a proper brawl ...... blood ever where! A trip to the vet was called for. Vet phoned a bit later to she she was all sorted & stitched up but a 'small part of her ear had to be removed.' It's  actually about a third of her ear has gone ...... cry The other dog was unscathed.

She's now in her bed wearing her cone of shame frown but seems none the worse for her battle scar wink

Pippah45 replied on 08/02/2017 10:00

Posted on 08/02/2017 10:00

Poor Molly!  I can relate to that and the amount of blood - my GSD came in out of the fresh falling snow and shook - the blood hit the ceiling.  Did they give her a general anaesthetic to stitch her?  My main vet came in to see a young locum had put mine right out - (and was also intending to put her out to remove the stitches).  Main vet didn't think he should have put her out!   Coming round was a horrid process of seizure like stuff going on (I had opted to bring her home for fear of being snowed in and was warned her wake up might not be too pleasant).  I removed the stitches myself.  wink

EmilysDad replied on 08/02/2017 10:08

Posted on 08/02/2017 10:08

Yes. It was a full anesthetic ... as soft as she is, I doubt she'd have let someone cut her ear without one.

Metheven replied on 08/02/2017 10:34

Posted on 08/02/2017 10:34

Nasty surprised Here's hoping for a full recovery, I don't know what it is between dogs that sets this off.

My dog is so laid back and placid but my daughters dog attacked her on their very first meeting, luckily it was all noise from her dog and yelping from Cassie, and is the only one ever come across that has this anger towards her. Luckily she lives in Cornwall so they don't meet up now.

Takethedogalong replied on 08/02/2017 14:26

Posted on 08/02/2017 14:26

Ours is due to have stitches out of ear tomorrow. Not a fight though, a haematoma, ear needed splitting, cleaning out stitched in places but left to drain over weeks. The cone of shame has become her latest weapon! Great for scooping up leaves, thumping into shins etc....smile

Hope your pooch is ok MM

EmilysDad replied on 08/02/2017 21:14

Posted on 08/02/2017 21:14

Thanks  for your good wishes. Molly the Mut is fine, she doesn't  appear to be at all concerned. 

I tried to post a picture .... those I have are twice the size allowed  & I'm not able to modify them on my tablet

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook