Long dog leads

bobngill replied on 04/12/2016 15:33

Posted on 04/12/2016 15:33

It would seem to have become a custom and practice for dog owners to be using extra long leads when walking their dogs around the caravan club sites allowing them to roam away from the road way onto the grass areas around people's caravans and urinating on the grass and up the sides of awnings and windbreaks (and this is not foxes). This has happened on more than one occasion and I strongly object to have to wash my awning because of other people's thoughtlessness. I have witnessed dog owners chatting to each other on the roadway allowing their dogs to wander and urinate on other people's pitches and sometimes entering the awning itself. Not everyone is a dog lover. My two 2 year old grandchildren love to roll around and play on the grass outside our caravan and this is putting their health at risk by dogs being allowed to use the grass areas as toilets. The caravan club should insist that all dogs being walked around the sites should be kept on short leads thus ensuring a safer and cleaner environment for everyone. I have also spoke to the wardens when on site but although sympathetic nothing changes. This should be one of the club's rules and not be laid at the feet of hard working wardens to deal with. Perhaps a polite notice in the office would be an obvious way forward.    

Moderator Edit:

Bobngill,

Earlier today you were given advice about where to post anything regarding caravanning with dogs in a thread you started in the Club Membership.

This is a duplicate thread on the same topic and is also closed because our Community Manager asks that all posts relating to caravanning with dogs be kept together >>> here <<< in the UK Sites and Touring Section.

Please don't start another thread anywhere else other than where I've highlighted above.

If you need assistance on how or where to post, please feel free to ask.

Many Thanks.

Tinwheeler replied on 04/12/2016 15:41

Posted on 04/12/2016 15:41

Isn't this a duplicate of your other thread which has been closed?

The caravanning with dogs thread is in UK Sites, Bob, whereas this section is for off topic discussion about pets. Hope that helps. 

bobngill replied on 04/12/2016 15:52

Posted on 04/12/2016 15:52

Thanks The caravanning with dogs thread is in UK Sites sorry where is this. 

replied on 04/12/2016 15:59

Posted on 04/12/2016 15:59

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tinwheeler replied on 04/12/2016 16:03

Posted on 04/12/2016 16:03

The caravanning with dogs thread is in UK Sites, Bob, whereas this section is for off topic discussion about pets. Hope that helps. 

TW this thread would not be appropriate in the thread you have suggested as Ro has clearly stated "I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that this discussion is not for complaints regarding dogs on site"

Don't shoot the messenger, DD. Rowena clearly stated complaints regarding dogs should be taken up on site with the wardens or brought to the attention of head office and you've only quoted part of what she said.

PS. This section is to "Talk about your pets here" and not for complaining about other people's behaviour on site.

bobngill replied on 04/12/2016 16:28

Posted on 04/12/2016 16:28

Thanks for your help Tinwheeler found the thred. I will be emailing Head office with my concerns. 

Tinwheeler replied on 04/12/2016 16:38

Posted on 04/12/2016 16:38

Thanks for your help Tinwheeler found the thred. I will be emailing Head office with my concerns. 

Wise move, Bob. Nobody here will condone the behaviour of owners who allow their dogs to foul but nobody here can do a thing about it.

huskydog replied on 04/12/2016 18:40

Posted on 04/12/2016 18:40

Bob, you will soon learn the we can moan and have an opinion on any subject,  except dogs SurprisedUndecided

crissy replied on 10/01/2017 19:31

Posted on 04/12/2016 15:41 by Tinwheeler

Posted on 10/01/2017 19:31

Now I'm confused! A few weeks ago I posted in the overseas section a question about taking dogs. The thread was closed and I was told to post here!

Now I'm told that this section is for 'off topic' discussions about pets. 

HELP!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook