Hot X Buns and Dogs

briantimber replied on 29/03/2018 12:00

Posted on 29/03/2018 12:00

We all know off the danger of giving our faithful friends chocolate, but be aware that hot cross buns can also be dangerous and lead to kidney failure, sultanas and raisins are toxic to dogs, the same as grapes. So don't look at those pleading eyes and don't give in if you do .

replied on 29/03/2018 12:15

Posted on 29/03/2018 12:15

I have not had a dog for 20 years and was unaware of grapes and raisins being a no no

Kennine replied on 29/03/2018 13:52

Posted on 29/03/2018 13:52

Dogs are by nature carnivores. Eating animals like Cats, rabbits, foxes, sheep, pigs, deer and cattle won't do them any harm whatsoever.  But as most of those animals are now considered non-PC as dog food , some owners are feeding their dogs with human processed food and fruit which is bad for them. 

Takethedogalong replied on 29/03/2018 14:10

Posted on 29/03/2018 14:10

Get it right K, some fruit and veg won't harm dogs in any way at all, and in some circumstances is beneficial. Apples, carrots, both are good for teeth cleaning. Remove pips from apples. Killers are cherries, grapes, dried fruit, onions. No fruit stones, they have cyanide in them, so not that good for humans either!

You might consider Cat and Fox a food for dogs, but it's not something I have ever come across. 

replied on 29/03/2018 14:20

Posted on 29/03/2018 14:20

One of the favourite snacks for my GSD and particularly my Lab ib Summer was runner beans. They used to love to lie on the lawn with a bean held between their paws and chew down through it. The lab used to get the occasional apple that he loved. I did not worry about the seeds for a dog of his size. 

briantimber replied on 29/03/2018 14:22

Posted on 29/03/2018 13:52 by Kennine

Dogs are by nature carnivores. Eating animals like Cats, rabbits, foxes, sheep, pigs, deer and cattle won't do them any harm whatsoever.  But as most of those animals are now considered non-PC as dog food , some owners are feeding their dogs with human processed food and fruit which is bad for them. 

Posted on 29/03/2018 14:22

Alfie eats carrots regularly, he also eats apples pears (no pips) banana's(small amount) pine apple, broccoli, peas as well as his dog food.

All good for him. 

For treats he has home baked liver, venison sausage and Bonioslaughing

Edit....My pockets stink!!!surprisedwink

ABM replied on 29/03/2018 15:48

Posted on 29/03/2018 14:22 by briantimber

Alfie eats carrots regularly, he also eats apples pears (no pips) banana's(small amount) pine apple, broccoli, peas as well as his dog food.

All good for him. 

For treats he has home baked liver, venison sausage and Bonioslaughing

Edit....My pockets stink!!!surprisedwink

Posted on 29/03/2018 15:48

Could  that  be  why  Alfie  was  so  very  easy  to  train  to  Walk  To  Heel,  then  ??

Tinwheeler replied on 29/03/2018 16:05

Posted on 29/03/2018 16:05

One of our dogs used to pick blackberries and eat them.

Obviously she’d not heard that you should never pick the blackberries that grow low down! surprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook