Easter eggs are not for dogs

huskydog replied on 13/04/2017 15:26

Posted on 13/04/2017 15:26

Just a reminder to dog owners to keep any chocolate eggs away from your pet , and a good time to explain to children that chocolate is poisonous to them (dogs not children), keep your dogs safe

groovy cleaner replied on 14/04/2017 11:01

Posted on 14/04/2017 11:01

ye my spaniel will be on the phone to the RSPCA  when she sees me eating something and finds out she wont be having a share ,she wants whatever I have but obviously I not give her everything I have .

Milothedog replied on 01/05/2017 19:56

Posted on 01/05/2017 19:56

Just in case anyone is tempted to give them "just a little bit" we knew a couple who had a beautiful boxer bitch. she manged to to escape her cage in the awning one evening and found a small bar of milk chocolate that she ate. She died 6 weeks later of organ failure. so sad.  

richardandros replied on 02/05/2017 10:15

Posted on 02/05/2017 10:15

Think we had a lucky escape a couple of months ago.  Meg, our Cockapoo has to be the greediest dog alive and will eat, literally, anything and everything. We popped round to see our neighbours and Carol who was celebrating her birthday had been given a magnificent chocolate cake by the children.  Unbeknown to us, it was sitting on the worktop in the kitchen.  As soon as Meg was off her lead, she totally ignored everyone and dashed into the kitchen where apparently, she sank her teeth into this showpiece cake, munching away for all she was worth. As well as being totally embarrassed, I was also worried about what might happen to Meg, having read about the treatments necessary after a dog has consumed chocolate.  Fortunately, she showed no ill effects and still remains as greedy as ever.  An important lesson learned (on my part), however, and a big sigh of relief!

groovy cleaner replied on 02/05/2017 10:38

Posted on 02/05/2017 10:15 by richardandros

Think we had a lucky escape a couple of months ago.  Meg, our Cockapoo has to be the greediest dog alive and will eat, literally, anything and everything. We popped round to see our neighbours and Carol who was celebrating her birthday had been given a magnificent chocolate cake by the children.  Unbeknown to us, it was sitting on the worktop in the kitchen.  As soon as Meg was off her lead, she totally ignored everyone and dashed into the kitchen where apparently, she sank her teeth into this showpiece cake, munching away for all she was worth. As well as being totally embarrassed, I was also worried about what might happen to Meg, having read about the treatments necessary after a dog has consumed chocolate.  Fortunately, she showed no ill effects and still remains as greedy as ever.  An important lesson learned (on my part), however, and a big sigh of relief!

Posted on 02/05/2017 10:38

hope she is OK my Cocker Spaniel is a greedy girl but fortunately doesn't steel food but she does however look for stuff when I'm out walking her ,many a time when I'm on the road drags me back to look at something she thinks is food ,off the lead she is always rooting around looking for stuff !!

G Cherokee replied on 02/05/2017 22:04

Posted on 02/05/2017 22:04

Since we had our cocker spayed she's been an eating machine!!!

She hates doggy chocolate, but drives us mad when there is chocolate about.

We've just got it thru to our 3 year old Granddaughter that she mustn't give Daisy chocolate because it will make her very poorly.

Now she asks if it's ok to give her something, bless her .

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook