A sad story

Boff replied on 13/10/2017 17:48

Posted on 13/10/2017 17:48

A colleague of my wife returned home from work on Wednesday evening, to find her 4 year old Cocker Spaniel had died.  The previous evening the dog had stollen Chocolate. They didn’t think it was that serious and didn’t contact the Vet. We had a similar incident with a dog about 10 years ago. The vet met my wife in the car park so that they start treatment immediately.  Fortunately our dog made a full recovery.  But don’t delay if you think that your dog has eaten chocolate in any quantity please call your vet. 

Bakers2 replied on 13/10/2017 18:17

Posted on 13/10/2017 18:17

Oh how sad. Chocolate is very dangerous for dogs as these people now know. Heartbreaking. I had a colleague who's do got hold of a carrier bag with chocolate it, immediate treatment and he survived, he's our holiday dog.

Boff replied on 13/10/2017 18:35

Posted on 13/10/2017 18:35

In our case the dog got hold of the Easter eggs, my wife had gone  out for no more than 10 minutes. The dog ate about 3x the lethal dose. What saved the dog was quick treatment by the vet at the fact that the dog ate the eggs and if I remember correctly 12 rocky bars foil and all. So slowed down the adsorption. 

ValDa replied on 13/10/2017 20:52

Posted on 13/10/2017 20:52

There was a report recently of Sainsburys  doing a promotion by sending chocolate through the post, and unfortunately someone's dog had eaten the envelope and the chocolate.  Fortunately the dog survived, but I'm sure there are many dog owners who don't realise just how dangerous chocolate is for many dogs.

Milothedog replied on 14/10/2017 11:22

Posted on 14/10/2017 11:22

It is also worth bearing in mind with Christmas just around the corner, that any chocolate decorations on Christmas trees, advent calender's and presents and gifts stacked around the base of a tree are hard to resist by our four legged friends if within their reach frown

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook